Watermarks

Correct.
7QLD is a complete O&O station just like the 7 capital city markets.
Everything is the same, except for the HD channel setup.

1 Like

Sorry, they can’t screen post match on Plus7 app due to the rights. This includes press conferences.

1 Like

Oh yes of course. But they are still able to show the pre game content though before official coverage commences like the Big Freeze content from yesterday.

3 Likes

I wish they’d go back to when the 8.45 NEXT TUESDAY part was transparent so the watermark was that little bit less intrusive with whatever colour palette they choose for the program they’re promoting.

1 Like

‘Australian Ninja Warrior’ In-Program Watermark

3 Likes

These in program watermarks are bad at the best of times, but honestly there’s no point whatsoever in having one that just says “coming soon”. Complete waste of space

3 Likes

Another “watermark” from Nine that stretches the definition of the word.

5 Likes

Some problems with the HD part of watermark in Queensland tonight.

6 Likes

Still haven’t ever seen a HD watermark add-on on WIN in Townsville since the affiliation swap!

I wonder why WIN would choose to not use a watermark add-on in North QLD, yet use it in SE QLD?

3 Likes

Laziness most likely. Probably never got around to setting it up for all of their output channels and don’t care enough to make sure it works.

4 Likes

Looks like the occasional Seven Sport HD watermark gremlins, found their way into WIN :wink:

1 Like

Well, it is, but not what you think. The picture going out their vision mixer is a 1920px wide feed from Fox Sports, but squished vertically for the 24x9 aspect ratio of the screen (so actually 720px high).

1 Like

2 Likes

ITV2 Watermark

6 Likes

ITV2 is one of the more likely channels to use programme specific watermarks to promote a programme, the last one being for Love Island.

4 Likes

ITV 2 HD watermark

4 Likes

bit of a left field one this one. it was taken today during the Italy v Wallabies game at suncorp stadium. it is the fox sports logo and underneath it says suncorp stadium

5 Likes

I remember (at least at the MCG, which produce their own feed) when they required official vision from a network, they had their own generic watermarks (it was “ONE HD” & “7 Sport” at the time).

But now or in recent years, it seems they just take a transmission, as if it’s from a TV (i.e.) like the photo above.

NB/
On the monitors inside the MCG, when there was an ad break or a broadcast hadn’t started, there would be generic screens “ONE HD - Transmission Output” / “7 Sport - Transmission Output”.