Watermarks

Seven Sport (LIVE) watermark missing from The Front Bar on 7HD in Melbourne :thinking:

Edit: They switched it on a few minutes later.

1 Like

5 Likes

Nine Live

Gold Coast

Regional QLD

Metro Brisbane

4 Likes

SCA 9 seems to use a slightly different coloured watermark?

So unlike when it was SC 10, they get clean feeds from Nine?

I’m pretty sure that only the “HD” watermark addition on SCA Nine is slightly different to what’s seen in metropolitan areas, with the Nine logo watermark being directly from the feeds of TCN, GTV and so on.

4 Likes

No, as @SydneyCityTV has mentioned, SCA receive a HD dirty feed of Nine without the HD watermark.
SCA then “downconverts” it and broadcasts it “as is” on 9SD, and then adds the HD watermark themselves on the 9HD feed.

4 Likes

I believe this is correct. It’s my understand that SCA get an HD feed without the “HD” part of the watermark. This is then downconverted for 9SD, and has the HD watermark added for 9HD. It means they only need to feed in one version of the channel. I believe 9 use a similar setup for their metro channels to - hence why the HD part of the watermark often has slight timing issues.

5 Likes

SCA never adjusted the transparency of the HD watermark when Nine O&O stations did, that’s why it looks different

Yes SCA are adding the HD watermark themselves

3 Likes

Discovery now has the channel number beside it’s watermark:

4 Likes

The Discovery Networks have forever. It’s so stupid.

1 Like

The Wide World of Sports watermark during the soccer on 9GO! looks darker than the one during the NRL on Nine/9Gem.

1 Like

It looks a little rough around the edges:

7 Likes

“Live & FREEZE” Seven Sport watermark.

13 Likes

11 Likes

Question:

7Live / Plus7 live stream viewers, have Seven not cut the feed yet (as per AFL restrictions - airing Border repeats, etc)?

Fantastic for viewers not near a TV, particularly everyone at work in QLD & WA.

Also, what watermarks are showing on 7mate, Prime7, GWN7 & SCTV,

The watermarks posted above are from 7Mate HD 7QLD.

1 Like

It is likely to be cut next at 3:00 AEST when proper coverage of the game commences. 7 normally show any pre/post game content on 7Live since I think it is only the game itself they are not allowed to show on their streaming service due to other rights the AFL has with Telstra.

2 Likes

Thank you.

So 7mate is HD in regional QLD?

Looks like BCM just decided it was easier and more appropriate to show the Ch 7 “Live & Freeze” nationally.

Yes as there is no 7HD regionally, it is the same set up that metro areas had for many years.

1 Like

Ah yes, my apologies.

I knew there was something different about regional QLD, but I was getting confused.

Regional QLD get 7flix, whereas the rest of regional Australia don’t?