Watermarks

The ABC iView stream of today’s Insiders for whatever reason again (it happened last week too) had two watermarks: ABC and ABC News 24.

But it got worse right at the end of the programme when they showed Bill Shorton on Network Ten’s Studio 10, presumably recorded in Canberra so WIN’s horrid huge solid mappy logo made an appearance, under the two ABC watermarks:

Bruce must be so happy the ABC (WIN’s partners in MediaHub) showed this instead of recording from Ten, and if anything I suspect it’d only reaffirm his belief that solid mappy was the way to go. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

SBS placed at the bottom. Possibly a replay?

2 Likes

5 Likes

The HD watermark on 9HD Metro is so much less prominent than it is on SC9HD

2 Likes

New Bull watermark shown tonight during Whose Line is it Anyway? on Ten.

I’ve noticed over recent months that the “HD” on 9HD (TCN) is less prominent than 9HD (NBN).

1 Like

win watermark on ET is the ten version circle not mappy

2 Likes

back to Mappy for Live and Cooking i think the other ones better then Mappy

1 Like

Happens commonly at this time when TEN does “recovery mode” equipment testing.

7 Likes

I actually saw ET on a TV when I stopped by McCafe earlier this afternoon and noticed that they had the big WIN mappy with the normal Ten watermark visible underneath.

This lasted about 10 minutes before it changed to the much more pleasant circle coverup.

3 Likes

The circle coverup looks much better than the big blue mappy watermark.

7 Likes

Well it is Wednesday so I think we all know what that means! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Burn that damn mappy watermark…

Why can’t WIN stick with the watermark they had since July 1. Or the WIN watermark using prior to the swap (without the Nine HD logo). Or… use the smaller, transparent version of mappy they have used before.

:astonished:

3 Likes

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:1446, topic:252, full:true”]
Happens commonly at this time when TEN does “recovery mode” equipment testing.[/quote]It seems not a week goes by when someone doesn’t make comments about this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s nothing new. This typically occurs every Wednesday afternoon (on the odd occasion a Thursday or Friday).

As this is nothing new, I’m surprised (only a little :wink:) that WIN are still slow to react to changing over from the use of mappy to the circle coverup when temporarily receiving the dirty feed.

4 Likes

Bull watermark.

3 Likes

1 Like

The blue map WIN watermark is ugly!

2 Likes

Yep!
If I want to watch a Ten show i’ve been waiting until it is available on TenPlay and watching it on there.
Can’t stand that massive thing.

2 Likes

[quote=“BigVic, post:1454, topic:252, full:true”]
The blue map WIN watermark is ugly![/quote]Certainly is. But as it’s been used for… what easily a few months now? It looks to be a permanent thing, unfortunately. For viewers that have no alternative (like the computer illiterate elderly viewers), I feel sorry for them to have to endure this blue blob on a full-time basis, along with the equally large promotional mark that often accompanies it.

1 Like

least the old mappy was transparent lol