Watermarks

Is the late show watermark 16:9 safe?

NBC’s 90th Anniversary special watermark

7 Likes

4 Likes

Some examples of WIN’s watermarking “efforts” in the last couple of days:

3 Likes

Is it just me or are these various watermarks from them getting more intrusive everytime I tune into Ten?

How and why anyone tries to watch shows via FTA these days is beyond me. With all this distracting screen clutter covering up large sections of the picture, there’s simply no point really. :expressionless:

4 Likes

WHY.

Is WIN trying to help SBS into fourth place? Is this match fixing? Like that is the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen.

I’m glad Prime and Nine haven’t followed suit.

4 Likes

Ratings are dropping for WIN stations. Their reaction is to add large bugs.

5 Likes

4 Likes

[quote=“KICK-IT, post:1423, topic:252, full:true”]
Ratings are dropping for WIN stations. Their reaction is to add large bugs.
[/quote]Baffling isn’t it. They had a clear winner initially, but now they have by far the worst of the networks.

These from July/August last year (much better):

I’m not sure what they think they are trying to achieve by applying these hideous graphics on a regular basis now. If anything, it is driving viewers away from the network.

6 Likes

I was in the Philippines recently and noticed that their program ratings are on screen all the time. Here are some examples (sorry for the bad caps; I was taking photos of an analog picture in a bad reception area).
G (General):

PG (Parental Guidance):

SPG (Strong Parental Guidance, or equivalent of M):

They’re on screen throughout the program because they show SPG programs at any time of the day, even when children are still up.

9 Likes

Had this same Bride and Prejudice watermark on Southern Cross Tas for a while the other night but without the 7 logo or HD. Just the >

This seems to becoming a more regular thing so far this year, which is odd.

I noticed some other of Seven’s in-program watermarks making an appearance the other night also (I think one of them was promoting ‘The Chase Australia’ and this was also missing the regular 7 logo that should accompaniment it). I wonder why the regionals are receiving Seven dirty feeds of late? I’m fairly certain they are not mistakes because it only lasts for segments at a time at complete random with no other obvious issues.

2 Likes

I wonder if we just might see Seven try and get the regional affiliates running full-on network branding (like SCA Nine are now, obviously) in the future. Just a thought.

Thankfully that hasn’t caught on here. :slight_smile:

I recall one show in Australia having a classification watermark.

3 Likes

Maybe you’re onto something here.

Either way, If this continues SC should start thinking about implementing a watermark to place next to it (I know,they probably never will but still!). As it stands, it looks really weird just seeing a floating in-program watermark with an arrow pointing to nothing at all! :laughing:

2 Likes

4 Likes

I think they should’ve used More instead of 507 also odd they didn’t use the HD yellow box. Maybe there will be an updated look across all channels when Fox League launches on Monday.

1 Like

3 Likes

Mappy in the 4:3 safe zone, trying to cover up the CBS watermark.
Despite its gigantic size, you can still see a part of the CBS watermark.

The worst watermark ever. Its so huge, yet is useless for covering anything up because of it’s unusual shape.

9 Likes

…I see they still haven’t rectified that issue. Why am I not surprised?

Mind you, this is the same network that still displays a “useless” orange bar graphic on their gigantic news bug which used to have ‘First At 5.30’ on it before the text being removed when it was moved back to 6pm several months ago. And the same lot that took the best part of 7 months before starting to air primetime lineups again. Fucking hopeless. :expressionless:

5 Likes