Watermarks

I was watching Ten HD today and the PRG animation was the 2013 logo.

1 Like

SBS Viceland?

Yep, thatā€™s what theyā€™re branding the channel as: SBS VICELAND.

Rather inconsistent when they donā€™t use the SBS name for Food Network (well they do for their logo but not verbally referred to as ā€œSBS Food Networkā€ from the little Iā€™ve seen) or NITV though. I say either use the SBS name/logo for all multichannels or none at all!

Iā€™m guessing the difference here is that thereā€™s some or more SBS content on SBS Viceland than there is on Food Network, eg. The Feed, football ā€¦

1 Like

In the UK, it has the same LCN name of ā€˜Food Networkā€™

And International News as well

TV3 and The Edge TV simulcasting the 2016 Vodafone New Zealand Music awards

1 Like

The ā€œliveā€ part doesnā€™t quite line up properlyā€¦ Iā€™m sure it used to in the 4:3 days.
Noticed this during the Hampton Downs 101 race too.

1 Like

In the US, ABC America their snowflake watermark on some programming already

6 Likes

Tenā€™s Aria Awards promo watermark:

And from last night, Nineā€™s new TBBT promo watermark:

2 Likes

ā€œSBS Viceland Liveā€ watermark on the A-League. Itā€™s strange seeing this watermark yet the commentators all still say ā€œon SBSā€.

Note the ā€˜LIVEā€™ is tiny.

3 Likes

The network is still SBS, so itā€™s still partially accurate. Similar to when Nine content aired on Gem (before the rebrand) and they said ā€œon Nineā€.

Probably in case they ever show A-League matches on the main channel.

Of course itā€™s still SBS, the watermark should reflect that. You donā€™t see the 9GEM or 9GO watermark when you see sport on the multi-channels.

2 Likes

I think you guys are excessively nitpicking. The SBS logo is still there in the Viceland watermark so commentary staff referring to SBS is not an issue. SBS isnā€™t just one channel, it can also represent the suite of channels because the overall business is SBS.

3 Likes

White Ribbon watermark on Fox Footy for White Ribbon Day

6 Likes

9Life ā€œHappy 1st Birthdayā€

7 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed that SBS have dropped ā€˜HDā€™ from their watermark on LCN30

Itā€™s got ā€˜HDā€™ on SBS-7 (Melbourne)

The HD watermark is still present in Adelaide as well.