Watermarks

…and Sydney. Presumably a localised error for Brisbane, unless it’s since been fixed?

I like the flame on the “i”, how cute :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

It would seem to be fixed

3 Likes

The ABC watermark is on the top right corner of the screen for tonight’s Crowded House concert.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I’m not sure WHY they’ve moved it?

I can’t see any reason why it couldn’t have stayed in the bottom right corner (or better still, not be there at all). And as it’s a bit more distracting tonight being a night concert and a lot of darkish shots.

I would think one reason would be so that the ABC logo isn’t easily hidden by the other networks logos/supers if they happen to use their footage from the evening?

5 Likes

WIN 7mate SA has the HD watermark…

…but WIN HD (both SA feeds) itself does not

6 Likes

Family Feud’d Facebook using the old Ten watermark

1 Like

They have been using that for quite a while now.

1 Like

SBS HD in Brisbane tonight has a solid white watermark and no HD again.

As mentioned

Later

3 Likes

4 Likes

Looks very Ten HD esque.

ABC HD watermarks from July 2006:

July 6:

July 16:

from

http://idents.tv/blog/

4 Likes

I didn’t mind this ABC HD watermark - there was a nice set across the ABC suite at the time - blue, yellow, red and green.

5 Likes

I think prior to the ABC3 launch in 2009, they also had there own red version variant in the same style, though that doesn’t scream “Kids Channel” to Kids does it :stuck_out_tongue:

The 2011 refresh had kind of kept that consistency of branding between channels, starting with ABC News 24’s launch in 2010, with the other channels following suite even ABC iView:

The current branding situation is a bit of a mess at the moment since the main channel now just uses the classic ABC logo, with ABC2 now in a different style all together, with ABC ME also adopting the Classic logo and soon, ABC News 24 with its rebranding next year.

2 Likes

Does ABC HD now have an HD watermark? Or just the ABC logo?

Just the ABC logo.

To be honest, I really don’t care whether or not they put a “HD” watermark addition on. The LCN name should be enough of an identifier IMO.

2 Likes

But when it comes to LCN names you can never really trust them can you? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes