Watermarks

[quote=“Rob2144, post:866, topic:252, full:true”]
11HD has arrived lol [/quote]:joy: That would be the shittiest HD quality channel if that were actually true.

Is this nationwide? ABC TV did not start in some states until 1959/1960 and in the case of the ACT 1962 and the NT 1971. Just proves how Sydney centric they are these days!

1 Like

Australian media in general is rather Sydney/Melbourne/East Coast capital city-centric these days. But that’s a debate for another time and topic.

I presume that the watermark is being used nationwide. ABV-2 Melbourne turns 60 next Saturday, so it’ll probably remain on screen until at least then.

1 Like

Yes - also seen in Qld

2 Likes

It’s the anniversary of ABC TV that is being celebrated not where it started broadcasting in various locations. Why are people so parochial?

2 Likes

Dodgy looking heart

3 Likes

Dodgy looking show. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

“7Two” watermark as seen via VAST satellite (SCTV Central South) in regional VIC.

More thin & sharp?

2 Likes

I’ve never seen that watermark before. Is that SC’s version?

1 Like

Yep :+1:

Looks a tad strange.

Magnifying loops may be required

Before breaks, the HD fades away fairly early

6 Likes

[quote=“Aurora, post:879, topic:252, full:true”]
I’ve never seen that watermark before. Is that SC’s version?[/quote]7TWO and 7mate via Southern Cross have custom-made watermarks and PRG’s. Both seriously need updating, too.

Edit: SCTV 7TWO used this custom-made one before they updated to the current a few years ago.

7 Likes

SC 7mate still use this

7 Likes

National Geographic relaunched their on-air presentation today (also removed the “Channel” from the logo). US and Australia are using the same presentation though both markets have differences with watermarks. US and Australia have the same animation coming in from an ad break but US add more promo watermarks.

Australia

US

2 Likes

SBS Viceland watermark.

3 Likes

Has anyone else noticed that Ten’s 2016 logo (only used for in-program bugs) has been replaced by the 2013 logo on both Ten and Ten HD? It’s good for the bugs to once again be consistent with idents and promos considering that the 2016 logo never really took off (reminds me of that 2D yellow logo that they adopted briefly on-screen in 2012). Sorry that I don’t have a screencap.

2 Likes

The watermark was switched to the 2013 version of the Ten logo about a week after Ten HD launched (initially, the Ten HD/2016-style logo was the watermark) if I’m not mistaken.

Aside from the PRG animation, I don’t think I’ve seen that modified 2016 Ten logo anywhere for ages.

saw vice on Youtube their Watermark is bigger and Just has the word Vice without the land not solid letters not sure what countrys its from

It is used as the w/m on sport coverage

4 Likes

Ahh yes, I forgot about that. Probably shows how often I watch sporting telecasts on Ten!

2 Likes