Watermarks

The life on Mars promo looks really wrong on a number of levels. Really should have gone to the effort to use white text with white logo and used still footage with v/o.

1 Like

Is it just me or have Channel 7 (Sydney) made their watermark BIGGER?

(this is during ‘The Chase’ right now).

1 Like

Doesn’t look any different to me.

If there’s anything to be thankful about Seven and Nine’s recent watermark changes it’s that unlike Ten there has not been any tacky In-Program Promotional Watermarks for upcoming programs from either Seven or Nine…yet!

2 Likes

The offender in question:

3 Likes

That looks much bigger.

2 Likes

It used to sit right in the bottom corner so I don’t know if moving it further in has made it look bigger. It certainly is more intrusive now.

Seven’s watermark used to be the best. Now it’s the same as Nine’s.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Oh, shit. At least it’s transparent. Ten’s coloured one covers the graphics, credits and captions on so many shows and it really pisses me off.

3 Likes

The Queensland regional stations have lost their local identifier with these watermarks.

3 Likes

Comparison with 2014

3 Likes

Eek! It’s definitely bigger.

2 Likes

At least The Living Room agrees with your opinion about it on their “Hot or Not” segment. :wink:

On a fairly serious note, I have a feeling that Ten has the most obtrusive promo watermark airing throughout a whole program because they have the least viewers of the commercial networks.

Less viewers = bigger attention required for promo watermarks

Yes, Nine’s promo watermarks can be as obtrusive too, but at least they only show it during a segment of a program as opposed to an entire program.

6 Likes

Well Ten have to be careful that they don’t turn viewers off by having those coloured watermarks that spoil your enjoyment of all their other shows. I’ve switched channels a few times specifically to avoid seeing it and I steer clear of Ten now if I’m channel surfing. I’ve heard my workmates say the same thing.

2 Likes

As mentioned in a couple of threads 10 years since dotless 9. This was the 9HD watermark from that era

8 Likes

Seven had a watermark blunder at the start of the afternoon news.

4 Likes

Ha, I would’ve thought that anything to do with Seven’s biggest flop of 2015 was deleted from the servers. Evidently not! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Listen, don’t mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it. :laughing: Hilariously bad mistake.

5 Likes

5 Likes

The MKR countdown watermark is a disaster.

2 Likes

Yay… Restaurant Revolution is on in 28 minutes

2 Likes