Watermarks

My understanding is the AFL have ‘clean’ versions (e.g. no network watermarks) of every match from the 2002 broadcast deal onwards in their archives, but anything before that has the 7 logo as far back as 1996. A quick look at AFL Classics on Kayo seems to back this up.

As to why networks would show a ‘dirty’ feed instead? Probably some Australian equivalent of ‘fair use’ that people have figured out. I remember when the Footy Show wouldn’t dare to show any AFL/Ch7 footage, now they run analysis on Fox Footy clips every Sunday like it’s nothing.

2 Likes

Broadcast

You Tube

6 Likes

7 must have some clean versions of games from that era. The 1997 Grand Final was shown here in Adelaide during the Grand Final marathon last year. Lost the scorebug along with the watermark and added hideous grey bars at some stage.

6 Likes

Oh I’m sure Ch 7 does, but that’s not what they gave the AFL to put in the archive.

3 Likes

Because they have a deal in place with Fox to get and use any footage they want as long as they credit Fox.

1 Like

WWOS watermark

7 Likes

Pink test


4 Likes

Pink 7 Mate w/m

5 Likes

Seven 2000 watermark

3 Likes

2 Likes

I can see it, but-

2 Likes

WWOS in 1080

7 Likes


7 Likes

I’m surprised that Seven still use the 2016-19 watermark for NBC Today and I think The Morning Show. Why does Seven still use it?

Because it fits and so they are keeping it.

A good concept would be to have the current Seven logo and drop the 7plus,com,au and have the positioning of the watermark the same used 2016-19. Here are 2 examples I made that are virtually the same (excuse the grey bars on the top and bottom:


2 Likes

Unrelated, but which Jackass movie is this?

Searching the image using Google Lens, this comes up as from the 2002 Jackass movie.

Ah right thanks. My first though was number two because it’s my favourite.

1 Like

The Olympic Rings on NBC’s Today show should be covered up by the 7 logo with 7 not having the Olympics in Australia for the next 8 years.