Watermarks

Yes, so that’s not the rationale. I think they use this watermark (and the 9Go! and 9Gem top-right versions) for sports that aren’t in the WWOS stable, regardless of production.

2 Likes

The AFL shows (Sunday Footy Show/Footy Classified) use the normal 9/9Gem watermark at the bottom-right. Maybe due to Nine not having AFL rights?

2 Likes

1 Like

I thought Setanta Sports was shut down now? Taken over by Bein Sports

2 Likes

The screenshot isn’t from the Aussie version, it’s from somewhere in Europe.

Yeah I know that I thought Setanta Sports had been completely taken over by Bein Sports.

1 Like

3 Likes

Prime watermark and overlaid PRG

7 Likes

From 1996 as Friends was on 7.

2 Likes

Nine seems to get the most words into these watermarks.

3 Likes

1 Like

That’s from the 2023 NFL Honors ceremony at Phoenix on Thursday, where Kelly Clarkson delivered the opening monologue.

1 Like

Seven Sport - not live or free but Highlights.

2 Likes

Left side watermark - HD doesn’t match the 7

4 Likes

Apologies if this has been covered previously, but since I’m in Hawaii for a few nights this is what I’m seeing re watermarks on the 4 main networks (FOX, ABC, CBS and NBC).

All seem to only run watermarks in prime time now. Though some have program specific bugs for daytime shows like ‘JenH’ for “The Jennifer Hudson Show” on FOX. But there wasn’t any bug on Judge Judy and other shows.

Below are the softest (CBS) and loudest (FOX) prime time watermarks from tonight.

(nb. CBS ‘eye’ is bottom left corner)

5 Likes

I believe it’s up to each affiliate to decide whether/how to watermark syndicated programming outside of primetime.

4 Likes

Also interesting that some American shows still have some bugs in the 4:3 safe area (as below) from “The Kelly Clarkson Show” on CBS.

The “Jennifer Hudson Show” ‘Jhud’ bug is not in the 4:3 safe area though.

5 Likes

Could be for international syndication? Or just a design choice.

2 Likes