Watermarks

In regards to WA TV’s post above, do Prime’s broadcast centre (in Canberra) control PRIME/GWN7 watermarks? Or does BCM?

Apparently John Deeks is quoted as saying on a tour interview
"…we control all regional & metropolitan feeds…"

Which I doubt is correct?

And yes @SydneyCityTV, very strange the 7Mate Sport (Live & Free) watermark hasn’t had the “HD” added?

Perhaps a master control operator at BCM went for a coffee break? :wink:

Most likely they air a clean feed via D1 or D2 and then PRIME and SCA make it into a dirty feed with all of the local ads and or news

as seen in this video, if it was 7 controlling it they would give Tasmaina Melbourne news.

7 MCR Docklands Melb >> SCA and PRIME >>> local playout with stations ads etc to viewer via land line.

credit to @EyewitnessTV for the video.

2 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes

So it looks like the “HD” (for 7HD / 7MateHD) will be:

If Olympic Rings are present - under (also same for 7 Sport on 7/Two/Mate).

If not, to the right-hand side.

2 Likes

Good work, Sherlock. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13 Likes

Anyone else noticed when Seven air “Footy Flashbacks”, the “Sport | 7” logo looks more generic/different?

Less quality & shifted to the left?

I’d imagine because it’s embedded within the pre-recorded program?

Also, because many episodes use AFL/VFL games over many decades, there’s different watermarks & video quality?

(I think Ch 7 are able to digitally remove them however)

BCM seem to be having a lot of fun lately…

Now the 7 Sport (Live) HD watermark, has the “HD” in the bottom right :confused:

[LCN 70 Melbourne]

CAP:

3 Likes

Blank.

2 Likes

Yeah, why do you keep uploading blank images Luke?

2 Likes

They’re not meant to be? Anybody technologically minded with ideas why?

Here’s what the above image should’ve showed (non-cropped, hopefully it now works):

NB/
I think it was an early mistake by BCM, because following the Seven Sport (AFL) production ender, the ‘7 Sport (Live) Olympics’ watermark (top right) switched off & the normal translucent ‘7 Olympics’ watermark joined the “HD” (in the bottom right) - for the late night movie “Anger Management”.

2 Likes

what blank picture?

It was blank before the edit.

1 Like

Update

Yes, late last night was a mistake during the last ~30min of the Footy telecast.

As the “Sunday Afternoon Football” broadcast on 7HD [LCN 70 Melbourne] is currently showing:

3 Likes

Australian Survivor promo watermark:

Oh, did Matt Preston give Ten the thumbs up for that promo watermark?! :laughing:

10 Likes

Jeez, surprising that they’d have a solid in program watermark for survivor already with no start date. I guess they just want everyone watching masterchef to know that it’s coming soon & hope the return after the break between shied finishing & ending.

For what it’s worth, 7mateHD Sydney finally has the “HD” watermark addition on as of today (well, I’m pretty sure I didn’t see it on there yesterday anyway):

6 Likes

No HD watermark addition in Regional QLD.
Not that i’m surprised, just thought I’d mention in case anyone was wondering :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well you guys don’t have a SD feed of 7mate, so there’s probably no need for one.

Although one still shudders to imagine how crowded the screen would look on 7mateHD in Regional Queensland if they did stick a HD watermark addition on, knowing that Seven in regional Queensland runs the local region name as part of their watermarks on all channels! :confounded:

3 Likes

Seriously? :disappointed:

But Ch 7 controls regional QLD doesn’t it?

(i.e.) Owned & operated…

(7 Local via BCM)

@SydneyCityTV But in terms of the 7 Sport watermark for 7Mate, that did have the “HD” didn’t it (as @TV.Cynic capped the other day)? Or was that just Brisbane?

QUESTION FOR REGIONAL VIEWERS:

Is there HD stations on PRIME/7Local/SCTV/GWN7 yet?

If so, is the “HD” appearing?
(i.e.) 7HD VIC / SA and 7mateHD NSW / QLD / WA