Watermarks

That’s what I mentioned the other day.
Nine SCA have “nine.com.au” display for a few minutes every so often.

1 Like

Most likely just coming through from the metro feed.

I would’ve thought it’s a SCA thing because I’ve never seen this on metro.

Admittedly, I don’t watch a lot of TV these days but it’s the first time I noticed it.

I doubt it would be an SCA thing to be promoting Nine’s website.

I’ve seen the nine.com.au watermark appear once in the past, it came up straight after a banner popup advertising the website. This was via SCA, but SCA don’t ever put their own popups up, and honestly, probably don’t even have the proper template to do so, so I’m confident it’s a metro thing

I’ve seen the same in Sydney over the past week (possibly earlier) reviewing the PVR recordings I have.

The watermark has been seen in metro markets since December 2018.

3 Likes

Some random watermarks from caps taken in early 2009, found on an old hard drive.

Prime HD

ABC HD

WIN

And one of the worst watermarks ever seen on Australian TV: WIN HD

18 Likes

2 Likes

MTV channels for International Women’s Day

4 Likes

Purple 7mate watermark for AFLW coverage today (for International Women’s Day?)

2 Likes

6 Likes

Nine have their website under their watermark.
Nine.com.au

EDIT:
Now gone… looked good IMO

3 Likes

I agree! It looks really good. It’s not too imposing and a lot of people wouldn’t recognise it changing. I think it has been used since November or December last year.

Personally, I think something like the nine.com.au pop-up is what they (and all networks) should do with the In-Program Promotional Watermarks: Something that gets your attention, but doesn’t completely distract you for the entire program!

2 Likes

Pop up watermark on Seven Melbourne during MKR tonight, with the AFL logo and the words “3 days to go!” next to 7 logo. It only appeared for 20 seconds or so.

3 Likes

Saw it in Tas on a show yesterday too (can’t remember which one) and obviously with the 4 days to go text.

Here is the AFL countdown watermark as shown during MKR on Seven Melbourne tonight. Apologies for picture quality.

8 Likes

Also in Queensland

5 Likes

Looks awful. Obviously they haven’t allowed for enough spacing on the HD channel with the placement.

4 Likes