Watermarks

Yes, looks very squashed in.

2 Likes

6 Likes

It appears that the wrong version of the WWOS watermark was used for the 1st segment of Thursday Night Football which via Nine HD Sydney at least, resulted in this:

Fixed after the 1st ad break:

6 Likes

I’d argue that the wrong version of the HD bug was used!

3 Likes

That’s the one Nine used for the tennis in January

Seems like a strange program to be playing on a Friday though :crazy_face:

1 Like

Please tell me tomorrow is Saturday so I don’t have to go work!

Only means I then have to go and vote! (in NSW).

3 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

Looking back to 2015

6 Likes

Very nice. Are these from recordings you have or caps that were taken at the time?

1 Like

Those are from recordings.

1 Like

5 Likes

Lost Caps, SydneyCityTV: The Early Years, whatever you want to call it. Some interesting ones you might not remember or have completely forgotten about!

Firstly, some special watermarks from ABC3 (now ABC ME):

Channel Ten, during the early days of their failed 2012 logo (which somehow, remained in use as a main watermark until 2016 - I guess similar to Nine who only slightly tweaked their 2009-12 watermark for the 2012-15 graphics, before a new one was launched in Late 2015):

The full story behind this one escapes be right now. But about a year after the HD simulcast of Seven’s main channel disappeared for about six years to make way for 7mate, that multichannel aired a boxing telecast which for some reason used a “7HD” watermark:

Lastly for now, a “NBN” watermark addition above the Nine one during A Current Affair, captured in October 2011. Today had something similar going on at the time:

11 Likes

Some more of the less common ones from that era

8 Likes

Ten and Eleven Promotional watermarks from 2013 and 2015:

3 Likes

Awfully nice of WIN to do this to the F1 tonight:

10 Likes

“To BOLD-ly go where so many watermarks have gone before”: right on top of the content.

2 Likes