Watermarks

Sony Six in India.

6 Likes

Interesting results from a survey of younger viewers in US and Britain regarding watermarks (or onscreen channel logos).

It will be great if there is a similar survey for younger viewers in Australia, so their views can be compared to those of younger viewers in US and Britain in regards of watermarks.

2 Likes

Exploring the viewers’ reasons for preferring logos, Viacom’s study found that viewers in favor of logos thought the interface was better designed, more innovative, had better discovery and had “more current, desirable content.”

This makes absolutely no sense, but do we expect much from a study funded by a broadcaster?

6 Likes

And asking a subset of the population who have known nothing else but watermarks?

Dodgy methodology; put this “research” in the big round file.

3 Likes

I’m in the UK on holiday at the moment, and i’ve noticed that many channels only show their watermark for about a minute after returning from an ad break. Otherwise, it’s generally a clean feed.

The exception is the +1 channels, which have a little “+1” watermark permanently affixed to the channel (usually in the top right) through programming and ad breaks.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Fox are running a larger bug than usual for today’s NFL playoffs “Wild Card round” match, which is normal for Fox during special matches. Seven and Prime’s bugs are sitting over the top as a result.

Fox (via NFL GamePass):

7mate metro (via 7plus):

7mate via Prime

ESPN have their bug over on the left

For comparison, the normal Fox NFL bug

2 Likes

And so it should be.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Seven’s BBL coverage on BT Sports 1HD in the UK.

5 Likes

Face The Nation promo on WHP CBS21 Harrisburg Pennsylvania

5 Likes

2 Likes

8 Likes

Seven News Queensland ‘60 Years’ watermark

9 Likes

A few Canadian channels tonight. ABC Spark, CBC and Comedy.

4 Likes

Couple more Canadian. CHCH and Family.

2 Likes

‘Spark’ would have been a good name for one of the 10 multi’s.

9 Likes

Instead of peach, yes.

4 Likes

1 Like

I’d go with a Ten Sports Network - or TSN for short.

1 Like