Watermarks

But there’s no watermark on Studio 10, so the feed is clean anyway…

2 Likes

That’s WIN logic for ya! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Today replay on Imparja’s 9Go! is shown with a 9Go! watermark which looks to be WIN-designed. I can’t recall WIN ever using it when they were affiliated with Nine. The white part of the clock super makes it hard to spot for most of the program. :smirk:

7 Likes

That sure as hell worked for Seven back in 2005 during a crucial episode of Blue Heelers!

Edit

Seven’s back-up play-out MCR hub is now a compact room deep in Martin Place, Beretts gave a tour on Sunrise back in 2009. There’s a person there 24/7 as well.

4 Likes

Why can’t they just keep the watermark soild (coloured) during the Today repeat?

Not sure. They use a solid orange one when it airs live on Imparja.

1 Like

I’m suprised WIN hasn’t designed a Mappy for Imparja yet

Whereas when 9Go was airing a Today replay in Tassie it was watermarkless.

I’m not sure if SC does any watermarking of their own any more. On 7 Central, The Morning Show is watermark-free and their own home shopping spots are the same. I’m not aware of them using any in-house watermarks on any of their Nine channels either.

The “HD” add-on on SCA 9 is done in-house.

2 Likes

3 Likes

9 Likes

That’s a lot better than last Saturday night’s A-league coverage on 10 Boss.

Mullet?

1 Like

Argh. WIN’s coverup isn’t centered!

1 Like

Also, why aren’t they as eager to cover up the Fox Sports logo?

SNOW.

How Bruce and Murdoch worked together to undermine Ten in order to buy it on the cheap.

So many reasons.

Yeah; the double-standard/‘anti-our-affiliate-partner’ attitude from WIN is appalling (and has been for so long).
If WIN’s cover-ups were just about avoiding confusion, then they’d at least blur-out the other logos (Fox Sports included) before adding their hideous blob.

1 Like

Perhaps it is part of the contract to show Fox’s soccer feed that the watermarks need to be shown.

3 Likes

They also show Fox Sports promos during the break. So weird to see. SCA places them as a commercial before the last 10/10 Boss promo and WIN had them as the first promo.

1 Like