At least it’s not as large as the WIN ELEVEN coverups were

…Until someone reads this post and changes it

11 Likes

13 Likes

Comparison of some regional QLD watermarks

4 Likes

For god sakes stop giving Bruce ideas!!

3 Likes

The new WIN watermark has increased in size. Everywhere except during The Project it seems.

5 Likes

Size hasn’t increased in Wollongong.

3 Likes

Nor in Tassie

1 Like

6 Likes

It looks a bit like a Channel 4 logo there too.

6 Likes

The franchise logo is a derivative of the channel 4 logo where the original version of the show is seen.

3 Likes

Why so large? They’re not even covering anything up despite being in recovery mode.

4 Likes

Still looks better than mappy :man_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

Forgive my ignorance, what’s recovery mode?

I thought it usually happened on a Wednesday, but once a month, channel 10 moves their playout stuff from Sydney to Melbourne. Because of the lack of capacity in Melbourne, they can’t supply WIN with a clean feed of the main channel during this time. Usually happens between 11am and 3pm.

3 Likes

Wow. I hope that this circular watermark stays permanent on WIN and do not bring back Mappy!

1 Like

5 Likes

Why do the TV networks need to do this?

It’s contingency planning - ensuring that their backup systems work in the event of a failure at their main play out centre.

6 Likes

Think of it like a fire drill. They all must do it, but Ten’s are the most obvious to the viewer, particularly via WIN.

I remember SCTV used to do it in the early hours. They would play the same episode of some low rate program like Harry’s Practice across all three channels. I don’t think they do it like that any more.

10 Likes

7 play home shopping Fridays (I think, could be Thursdays) 2-4am across the Network. I’m assuming this is when they do it?

2 Likes