Watermarks

One Central (SCA):

One West (WIN):

Quality difference is very noticeable on Ten West.

6 Likes

the ICC 20/20 match is being shown on 9Gem, with the normal 9WWOS watermark in metro areas but in WIN territory, the graphics department have done this

6 Likes

SC10 watermark vs 10 metro SD and HD watermarks

5 Likes

Ten West also using metro watermark, unlike during the Big Bash.

Ten Central:

3 Likes

Thanks for the caps!
Whereabouts are you to be able to get Ten West and Ten Central?
Obviously it’s via satellite…

1 Like

Combined terrestrial FTA and satellite VAST in DVBViewer. CAM is registered to my NSW address.

4 Likes

Double watermark on 7two in NSW

3 Likes

I can’t find the thread where the discussion was, but I finally tracked down a screenshot of one of WIN’s old coverups that I don’t think was posted the last time there was a discussion on it -

From memory they went from the small yellow watermark above the Nine logo to this, and then to the blue and yellow one.

5 Likes

And there you have it kids. WIN has been covering the Nine logo well before the 2007 disagreement.

5 Likes

They had a period where they were covering up any trace of the Nine logo, including full coverups on news updates:

As well as that, they were doing things like covering up Nine’s production enders with a WIN one,

I recall a video @WAtvVideos posted of them triggering it way too early and cutting off the end of programs, can’t find it now though.

8 Likes

Seven’s link-up with the Olympic rings under the watermark appear to be short lived than expected, as they are no where to be seen here in Perth.

Just curious, how long did the rings stay on for, the last time they did it (before the Beijing 2008 Games)?

1 Like

Still on in Sydney. I think they should give them a rest until we get closer to the Games.

1 Like

The Rings began to appear in February until after the Closing Ceremony

2 Likes

Interesting how the Watermarks differ from state. And yes, I agree it’s a tad early (139 days currently when typing this) to be running Olympic promos now, but it sure does make the wait more exciting! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the info. :slight_smile:

Quite possible its just the program being aired is different to the other markets and thats why the Olympic watermark is missing but that doesn’t explain why there isn’t one on 7TWO and 7mate aswell. All the other markets outside WA have the Olympic watermark.

Update: Olympic watermark is back.

1 Like

That would be this one, which I shortened. The original had Toni Pearen saying “The only show where every…” before abruptly cutting to the WIN ender. I can’t seem to find the original :frowning:

4 Likes

Here is a mid 2004 version:

2 Likes

The Olympic watermark did not appear during Sunday Night tonight.

Maybe Seven is only allowed to use the Olympic rings watermarks during certain programs?

The 7 watermark is inserted at the production stage on Sunday Night, like the news.

1 Like