Watermarks

It seems Seven are launching their Olympics countdown promotional push tonight between the Olympic Rings watermark & the fact a long Olympics promo just aired in between MKR going to a break & the ad-break itself

1 Like

The Olympic watermark is staying with First Dates. So it looks like it’s not a one-off after all.

1 Like

Seems a bit early in my opinion, seeing how it’s 142 days till they start, but nice to see some Oylmpics ads :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, JohnsonTV’s comment wasn’t there at the time I posted. I think we posted our comments around the exact same time

1 Like

The QLD city names watermarks on 7 are looking a bit odd now with the Olympic Rings displayed.

The city name looks like it’s aligned wrong for the new watermarks

3 Likes

I believe putting the rings into a watermark is some sort of contractual requirement as a broadcaster with the IOC. Not that Seven wouldn’t do something similar anyway, but I believe they are obliged to in their contract.

3 Likes

‘’

Olympic watermarks on 7, 7mate and 7two

2 Likes

NBC has had it for a while too now.

NBC started 1 January.

Why is it that apart from Australia and the US, there are very few broadcasters in other countries that inflict the Olympic rings watermark on their viewers especially during non-sports programs? I can understand during sport but to have the rings on three channels throughout all programming 5 months before the event is excessive.

3 Likes

Now that you mention NBC running their Olympic watermark from January 1, I seem to remember Seven did exactly that back in 2008!

Why do Seven and NBC run their Olympic watermarks for so long? Probably because they really want to get viewers excited for the Olympics. I completely agree that it’s quite excessive, a month of it (on all programing) at the very most would be fine IMO.

7Two watermark during NBC’s Today.

3 Likes

Can hardly notice it. lol. :slightly_smiling: Needs to be bigger.

4 Likes

It also needs rings

4 Likes

I had to get my magnifying glass out!

2 Likes

Ringless 7Two watermark during NBC Today replay. The ringless version is far too big.

ONE watermark in use in regional areas today

7 Likes

I wish they would use a TEN Sport watermark for sporting coverage shown on ONE.

Those dark ones SC use in regional areas look shit.

2 Likes

Fixed that for you! :wink:

But yeah, I think that SC10 (and other Ten affiliates) slap their own watermarks on because they get a clean feed of Ten’s sports coverage. Personally, I would’ve thought that it would be more logical to add a Southern Cross Ten watermark on the clean feed but what do I know!

2 Likes

How lucky SC viewers on ONE get the grey watermark, rather than the bright green mark currently used by Ten. Better experience.

1 Like

On SC Orange we have the green watermark with live underneath. :open_mouth:

1 Like