Watermarks

Yep, it has been reduced in size considerably. Still annoying though.

10 Likes

Quality control from WIN WA there with the “HD” watermark addition, I see…

3 Likes

Yep. Can’t be bothered emailing them or MediaHub about it anymore. They don’t care.

10 Likes

5 Likes

Common sense would wonder, why does Seven bother putting the Olympic rings on their multichannels if they aren’t going to put any Olympic coverage on them?

Yes it’s so they can advertise/flaunt/whatever their rights to the Olympics, even so…,

1 Like

Answered your own question. They are Australia’s Olympic network and have a right to promote something they pay A LOT of money for.

4 Likes

Yep, probably.

And it’s also a standardised network ID (the watermarks). Does look odd with 7flix not having Olympic rings, though we know play-out is a bit different for that channel (MediaHub).

Seven doesn’t include 7flix in any sports marketing at all, so I doubt MediaHub is the reason. It’s not as though employees of MediaHub determine how their client’s channels are marketed. They are contracted to do what their client’s tell them to do.

5 Likes

It’d still look more uniform if 7flix had Olympic rings. 7flix’s watermark is also a different format to the other Seven channels, noticeable.

1 Like

I would dare say that 7 are restricted to putting rings on channels that will show Olympics…

9 Likes

The 4 Seven Sport watermarks (delayed/recorded versions) all airing at the same time

Ch 7: The Front Bar - Winter Edition

7HD: The Front Bar - Winter Edition

7Two: AFLX

7mate: Winter Olympics

8 Likes

Hasn’t sport been shown across these three Seven channels simultaneously before?

yes, golf, V8 Supercars and horse racing were shown simultaneously back in 2014

Here’s another example, where AFL, Supercars and horse raving was shown

5 Likes

Yeah, I thought it wouldn’t have been a first @LukeMovieMan with Seven being the home of sport; having perhaps the widest range of sport of all three commercial networks. I’m positive I’m not wrong there, it’s not my Seven favouritism making me say that.

But they aren’t showing any events on 7TWO are they?

yes but limited events, basically here and there. Example is tomorrow where 7Two will be used

3 Likes

3 Likes

Technically today 7 were showing Olympics on 7, horse racing from Sydney on 7two, AFLX on 7mate, horse racing from Vic/SA on racing.com.
Or do we not count racing.com?

8 Likes

How did Nine get my picture?

I looks like it was a lovely “commitment ceremony”.