Watermarks

ABC Comedy Live watermark on Tropfest last night:

8 Likes

6 Likes

There’s also the chance 7 were awarded the contract for the Winter Olympic rights before 7flix existed and it was therefore excluded from using the Olympic rings.

I remember when multi-channels first came into play, people were asking why FTA broadcasters were only showing single channel coverage - and it was because the contracts get signed so far in advance that multi-channel coverage wasn’t an option.

4 Likes

4 Likes

HD bug:

6 Likes

As part of Fox Sports’ presentation refresh, the channel’s watermarks have also changed. The big differences are that the channel number isn’t displayed below the watermark anymore and Fox Footy + Fox League’s watermark only includes ‘FOX’ within the logo:

4 Likes

Silly move. How will people at pubs and restaurants know which Fox Sports channel they are watching?

5 Likes

While I agree that it’s a little silly to remove the “FOOTY/LEAGUE” from the corner logo, isn’t Fox Sports’ AFL & NRL coverage usually seen on their dedicated channels?

1 Like

NRL matches are already shown on Fox League, but AFL matches can be aired on Fox Sports 503 if two matches overlap. For example, tomorrow afternoon (Saturday) two AFL pre-season men’s matches (North Melbourne v Melbourne and Richmond v Essendon) are shown back to back on Fox Footy, meaning the AFLW clash between Brisbane Lions and Fremantle (held at the same time as Tigers v Bombers) is bumped to Fox Sports 503. Theoretically, the new Fox Footy logo can be used on Fox Sports 503 as well.

3 Likes

Personally I think they should go back to calling each channel FOX Sports 1 through to 7, and viewers just know that league is on 2 and the AFL is on 4 (or 3 for overlapping games).

3 Likes

Fox League and Fox Footy bug just don’t look right with just Fox. Not the weirdest thing as Fox Sports 1 US and Fox Sports 2 US are branded FS1 and FS2

2 Likes

It’s already been seen on 501 this morning when it replayed the ‘Women’s Footy on Fox’ panel show

Here’s hoping that the presentation, aka sponsor board and watermark will be changed tomorrow afternoon/night for the FOX on ONE block.

I suspect they will care more about the game they’re watching than what number channel of the Fox Sports suite it is broadcast on.

9 Likes

IMG_0323
NRL Streaming Trial Matches Scoreboard.

4 Likes

Also seen

7 Likes

The “HD” has changed position during the closing ceremony of the Olympic Winter Games.

6 Likes

‘The Simpsons’ promo watermark on 7mate.

8 Likes

During the night-time scenes of Dirty Harry, that watermark was obnoxious and distracting. They showed enough promos during the breaks - do we really need to have them in the movie too?

Fox Sports 503 is missing it’s watermark, just the HD on screen.

1 Like