Watermarks

I will endeavour to do so…

ACA doing something I’d expect from WIN…

I know Nine is probably still quite upset about losing Lisa Wilkinson to The Project, but this is still very poor!

14 Likes

LONG POST AHEAD Sky TV watermarks and bugs.

Sorry for the black bars at the top and the bottom still figuring out my capture software.
TVNZ2+1

Hope Channel

SBN

CGTN

Three +1

Firstlight

Bravo plus 1

TVNZ 1 +1

EdgeTV

Cartoon Network

Animal Planet

FaceTV

TeReo

Disney Junior

CountryTV

DisneyXD

Sky News New Zealand

History

Shine

Unknown

Jones

Jones Too

Jones Too (Full Colour bug)

Sky 5

BBC UKTV

Comedy Central

BBC Knowledge

Discovery Turbo

National Geographic

Discovery

Choice TV

11 Likes

I think that one is for Daystar?

1 Like

Actually Ten have used countdown clocks a few times too - I remember there being one for 24:Legacy.
They also used to have one on the last segment of Bold and the Beautiful counting down to the news.

Let’s just face it - they’re all as guilty as each other.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more - HD isn’t a new thing and I don’t understand the relevance of advertising it. Sure, promo that your show is in HD, however I don’t think any of the major channels really guide people on how to reach their HD sources well at all…

Maybe it’d be a different story if they did it well, but all 3 commercial networks just slap the HD mark on over the top of the mainstream, and do a really poor job of it. It’s become lazy branding in my opinion.

1 Like

8 Likes

The Seven watermark now has Olympic rings beneath it in regular programming.

1 Like

7 Likes

Smaller then last time.

2 Likes

It’s back!

Normal programming ‘Olympics’ watermarks.

No Olympics watermark on 7flix.

3 Likes

When the Olympic rings first appeared today the regional location element was missing. Now its back for regional Queensland and the Gold Coast. Relief for viewers who were starting to feel lost.

10 Likes

I wish all regional regional networks did this, such a good use of ID, even if it does become intrusive a bit (sub-market locations), yet 7QLD isn’t even operated by a regional based company.

Goggleboxers back watching Ten on Ten - another chance to use those 3D glasses!

mp4_000045138mp4_000143193mp4_000254333

11 Likes

It’s a a bit too intrusive for my liking, I’d rather they didn’t do location based bugs.

The LCN name should be enough for distinguishing the station and tell you where we are. I’d prefer all stations followed the SC Tas example of watermarking - none. We still know which channel we’re watching and we still know where we are.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Not sure if I’m going mad but is the channel nine watermark slightly smaller atm on 9HD Melbourne??

WIN’s bluemark was missing during the final segment of B&B:

And is it me or has it gotten a little smaller today?

6 Likes

7 Likes