Watermarks

Incorrect, it will be picture in picture of channel 83.

5 Likes

9 Likes

11 Likes

The Santa hat was on top of the Ten logo during Olaf’s Frozen Adventures this evening (it also appeared last night after the BBL finished), but disappears when Jamie’s Italian Christmas is on.

It was on & off during afternoon programming today also, even during the same program.

A 7Live & Free logo has been stuck many spaces to the left:

5 Likes

It is done to avoid covering the NFL on FOX watermark.

1 Like

4 Likes

NBN HD @TV.Cynic

First time I’ve seen Mappy in the flesh and these caps say everything.

14 Likes

But why? Is it a contractual requirement?

I would say that there may have been graphics that were embedded in the program and at some point during the program the watermark obscured them. (Happens all the time with “specials” that have been produced without the broadcast medium in mind).
So, their on-air people schedule a watermark that clashes the least but forget to change the HD part, which comes from a different source.

Seven, Nine and Ten all add the HD watermark from different graphics systems than their main channel, and all have the same issues from time to time.

It’s kinda cool that Ten can change their EPG logo so often like that… I wonder if it’s painful for their programmers to do it…

Depends on what software they use and whether it can duplicate easily.

7 Likes

Hopman Cup / Brisbane International (AKA “Summer of Tennis”) watermarks:

Ch 7

7HD

5 Likes

Wow, looks like they’re really pushing hard to get people to switch to watching the HD channel…

14 Likes

5 Likes

Anyone noticed how the watermarks (between ad breaks) appear/fade instantly on Seven’s channels? But take many seconds to appear on Nine and Ten’s channels? Not sure about ABC. SBS is instant I believe.

1 Like

Ten and Nine have their watermark synchronised to appear after the PGR. Seven’s is just a quick fade in.

2 Likes

Watermark placement on YT stream

7 Likes