Watermarks

Disgusting! Too big! WIN, you are pathetic. :nauseated_face:

They need this size back, pronto!

17 Likes

Ah… the good old days when I actually watched WIN!

9 Likes

Yep! For sure. And they should think about removing those coloured blocks slapped on to Eleven and One while they’re at it. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

The blobs that WIN are currently running not just on their main channel, but also One and Eleven make some of the watermarks on Pay TV (long infamous for having distracting watermarks, including coloured ones on some stations) look subtle in comparison!

And as for their In-Program Promotional “Watermark” efforts (or lack thereof), it’s even worse than what Nine & Ten are doing IMO.

3 Likes

The coloured logos on One and Eleven piss me off more than anything.
There’s already a perfectly good logo watermark underneath and they go ahead and slap a massive coloured block over the top.

Not only that, but they often appear on screen and then you can see the exact same logo going in underneath during the PRG animation - it’s totally bizarre!

It’s even funnier when a pop up appears for a channel Ten program, and you can see the bottom quarter of the Ten logo beneath the coloured block :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I know. On One it isn’t as noticeable as there’s very little animation in action behind the coverup:

Although I don’t agree with either additions, WIN should’ve left it like this if they felt they really needed to have an ego boost with their own branding alongside:

14 Likes

Here’s an absolute shocker from Nine:

While it’s only on-screen for maybe two or three minutes, my reaction upon seeing it was the same as this emoticon: :scream:

10 Likes

So much going on here…

10 Likes

How much dirtiness is that WIN ■■■■■■■■■ along with the promo of The Living Room graphics?

3 Likes

Ten’s permanent watermarks are just as bad. They cover info during Entertainment Tonight like the names of interviewees, headlines or subtitles. They should never be permanent.

I’m being exposed to WIN Newcastle and that ‘watermark’ for the first time. How are people tolerating that shit?

14 Likes

Most probably wouldn’t agree with me here, but seeing it during sports coverage doesn’t trigger the outrage as much as seeing it during normal programming. Ten’s sports watermark is nearly as distracting with its blue colour and cluttered text. This I can just live with. Just.

7 Likes

Another one.

5 Likes

Meanwhile on Foxtel

4 Likes

Since I get both Ten & WIN at my home location (near Campbelltown in South-Western Sydney, where both metro & regional channels can be received), I’ve ‘binned’ WIN’s One & Eleven from my TVs & STBs, and just keep WIN’s main channel, mainly for the Illawarra local news at 6pm weeknights.

2 Likes

Nah, I agree with you on this. During sport broadcasts it’s slightly more tolerable (maybe because it’s up in the top right and kinda out of the way?) unlike during normal programming. However It’s unacceptable outside of sporting broadcasts though.

It’s funny though, cause for some weird reason I’ve noticed WIN don’t bother applying their coverup on One when sport does occasionally air on it and the One watermark moves up too. WIN logic eh? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Do what I’ve been forced to do and that’s either delete WIN or just not tune to them. Simples. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously though, not a day goes by where I’ve not at least seen one negative comment about it so people have clearly had enough of seeing the ugly blue stain constantly in their faces. Nothing will change though so we’ll just have to put up with it for however long. :expressionless:

Yeah I hate Fox Sports’ watermarking. So cluttered and distracting.

Subscribers pay $$$ for less ads during play but Fox Sports pollute it anyway with gigantic multicolored watermarks and hideous EXCLUSIVE boxes.

3 Likes

5 Likes

At first glance, I thought that said “Bachel And Rette”… I wondered for a minute who they were, before it dawned on me… :slight_smile:

5 Likes