Watermarks

How much dirtiness is that WIN ■■■■■■■■■ along with the promo of The Living Room graphics?

3 Likes

Ten’s permanent watermarks are just as bad. They cover info during Entertainment Tonight like the names of interviewees, headlines or subtitles. They should never be permanent.

I’m being exposed to WIN Newcastle and that ‘watermark’ for the first time. How are people tolerating that shit?

14 Likes

Most probably wouldn’t agree with me here, but seeing it during sports coverage doesn’t trigger the outrage as much as seeing it during normal programming. Ten’s sports watermark is nearly as distracting with its blue colour and cluttered text. This I can just live with. Just.

7 Likes

Another one.

5 Likes

Meanwhile on Foxtel

4 Likes

Since I get both Ten & WIN at my home location (near Campbelltown in South-Western Sydney, where both metro & regional channels can be received), I’ve ‘binned’ WIN’s One & Eleven from my TVs & STBs, and just keep WIN’s main channel, mainly for the Illawarra local news at 6pm weeknights.

2 Likes

Nah, I agree with you on this. During sport broadcasts it’s slightly more tolerable (maybe because it’s up in the top right and kinda out of the way?) unlike during normal programming. However It’s unacceptable outside of sporting broadcasts though.

It’s funny though, cause for some weird reason I’ve noticed WIN don’t bother applying their coverup on One when sport does occasionally air on it and the One watermark moves up too. WIN logic eh? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Do what I’ve been forced to do and that’s either delete WIN or just not tune to them. Simples. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously though, not a day goes by where I’ve not at least seen one negative comment about it so people have clearly had enough of seeing the ugly blue stain constantly in their faces. Nothing will change though so we’ll just have to put up with it for however long. :expressionless:

Yeah I hate Fox Sports’ watermarking. So cluttered and distracting.

Subscribers pay $$$ for less ads during play but Fox Sports pollute it anyway with gigantic multicolored watermarks and hideous EXCLUSIVE boxes.

3 Likes

5 Likes

At first glance, I thought that said “Bachel And Rette”… I wondered for a minute who they were, before it dawned on me… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

7 Likes

God that looks like shit. It’s not even centered with the logo and the text should be the same transparency as the logo. Terrible

4 Likes

Are CBS known to do permanent in-program watermarks? And can we expect them from a CBS-owned Ten?

C’mon sharks, I bet those watermarks are quite tasty!

1 Like

Why don’t they just put a little black bar at the bottom of the screen for 5-10 seconds OOB with these and then be done with it?

Would make it look so much cleaner.

5 Likes

That is ridiculous … putting SPORT next to a logo that says FOX Sports.

They have been watching Channel 7 too much… LOL…

2 Likes

First time I’ve seen that before with Fox appearing to have a dirty feed with the Seven sport watermark quite visible behind it. Whoops. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Can never have enough sport - reads Sport Fox Sports. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes