US Politics

And how wonderful is it that as a society people can disagree.

5 Likes

Sorry, but Bolt is broadcasting to 10 people and a dog over on Sky.

2 Likes

Still has News Corp columns plus an hour(?) a night with Steve Price on 2GB

I don’t really agree with most of your comment but holy shit you’re right about Bolt lmfao.

You can’t deny he’s said a lot of stupid and idiotic things (just in the past 18 months). From being racist to sexist and in between.

Simply put, if l were a US citizen, I wouldn’t want a president who is going to be investigated for raping a child.
If they are true and he is elected, the US would be the laughing stock of the world.

1 Like

With the point that Waleed has very predictable responses to every issue, or with the point that biased media personalities diminish people’s trust in news media?

No he is predictable. I dont think he bullies anyone to agree with his views.

1 Like

Many thousands read his column in the paper and read his blog.

1 Like

LOL, I think we’ve jumped down enough rabbit-holes about Andrew Bolt for now. I was talking about Waleed Aly, who broadcasts an hour of programming each night to 700,000 people. Someone else mentioned Andrew Bolt. I’m not interested in discussing Andrew Bolt to be honest.

But yes, there would be many people that read his columns - not even close to the same exposure that Waleed gets on national prime time television each night though. Further, Waleed now has “household-name” recognition in Australia. Bolt is generally only known by political obsessives. In fact, in my circle of family and friends, I doubt more than a handful would know of, or give two shits about, Andrew Bolt.

Finally, Bolt was raised as a counter-point to my statement that I find Waleed’s pushing of opinions, no matter the topic, dangerous. Bolt is generally regarded as a nutter for dogmatically pushing certain lines, so I’m not sure saying “but what about Bolt?!!” disproves my point…

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/785575671309471744

It appeared that Mr. Trump was trying to exert dominance over Mrs. Clinton by standing close and towering over her.“The proximity to Clinton with which he stood behind her at certain points was particularly threatening,” she said.

Here’s a perfect (and frankly, hilarious) example of that anti-Trump bias I was referring to from the mainstream media.

Donald was standing at his podium. Hillary decided to walk all the way over to his side of the stage, which in my eyes was an attempt to exert dominance over the stage - and yet Donald is supposedly threatening.

Threatening. You’ve got to be joking. By simply standing at his own podium, with the camera positioning Hillary in the foreground of the shot.

Like, come on. Seriously beneath the New York Times, but of course lapped up by idiots that think politics is a game where anyone you don’t like is Hitler.

2 Likes

US Presidential Debate Live on Seven

Thursday 20 October

Seven News will tomorrow broadcast the third and final presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in the bitter race to the White House.

Live and commercial-free coverage of the debate begins from midday AEDT on Seven. Live Stream at www.7live.com.au.

Michael Usher will anchor a special Seven News bulletin immediately following the debate, with in-depth analysis and commentary of the final clash from US correspondent Angela Cox in Las Vegas and Chief Reporter Chris Reason, as well as the days other news.

Sydney 12.00pm LIVE on Seven
Melbourne 12.00pm LIVE on Seven
Brisbane 11.00am LIVE on Seven
Adelaide 11.30am LIVE on Seven
Perth 9.00am LIVE on Seven

1 Like

Debate will also be seen on ABC, ABC24, Nine and SBS.

Seven has shown the previous two debates on delay into Perth, so why has it decided to show the third debate live today?

Finally come to their senses

4 Likes

Seven

Nine

6 Likes

Michael Usher doing a good job.

Karl Stefanovic!? Omg LOL

Meaning…?

Well, he isn’t known as the most professional or credible ‘news’ anchor :wink:

“Blue tie”, Julia would be shouting at the television.

1 Like

They showed the last one live as well.