US Politics

I’d like for that to happen although unfortunately even if she does get up she’s gonna get absolutely crucified by Trump and his morons as well as at the polls.

My best wish would be for Trump to end up in jail before he could even start campaigning.

2 Likes

Oh yeah there’s no way she’d win and she would get crucified, but it would probably be enough to ensure the Democrats win. I think her only goal these days is to keep Trump and his ilk out.

1 Like

Yes but I don’t think Liz is the one to do it as much as she is doing the right thing by standing up against Trump and the extreme right.

I think that if DeSantis got his way and secured republican nomination Trump might go and spinoff his own little fringe party and that’s probably a decent-ish outcome in that it will definitely split the vote between the extreme right and the far extreme right and help the democrats win. But then what would I know?

Maybe we need to take @ElCapitanCranky’s advice and just invade America :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m right. :rofl:

In all seriousness, the Yanks need to realise that they have a butterfly effect on who they vote for. They pick one dickhead, we all suffer.

Yeah I just don’t see Trump doing this if DeSantis gets the nomination. As insane as he is, Trump would realise he wouldn’t win as an independent and wouldn’t want the humiliation of defeat, so he’d withdraw and just snipe from the sidelines.

Because we don’t agree with the way they’ve exercised democracy?

A lot can be said for the quality of our leaders (not just here, or in the US but across the world) - rather then dealing with the effect, how about we look at the cause instead?

Trump is clearly popular - thanks in part to a series of wonderful, yet completely meaningless slogans like “Make American great again” and “Drain the swamp”, this suggests in part that perhaps there is a desire for change in the US and people naively see Trump as being able to deliver that when the reality is that his interest in both is purely to extend his self-interest.

The alternative running basically on a platform of “Well we’re not Trump” which is only going to have limited cut-through in a country where you actually have to put significant effort into getting people to the ballot box. You can not be Trump and still be shit.

Until there is a reset, the focus will remain on an incredibly small (almost subset) of issues to the significant detriment of the remainder of what are some considerable issues that the US faces.

2 Likes

It’s pretty sad when Pence seems like a better option… The guy is one of those conservative religious nuts though. The bar is now set so low that anyone who wouldn’t incite a mob to overthrow the government is looking good…

1 Like

CNN sources - Trump has been indicted again

1 Like

Trump himself has confirmed the indictment via his social media outlet Truth Social.

2 Likes

Lock him up! Lock him up!

1 Like

I’m sure he will be pardoned. Now the problem for the democrats is Biden must now face the same.

That remains to be seen. It’s not necessarily true the breaches were of the same magnitude.

1 Like

Okay fair enough , I’ll wait to see how this plays out , it’s possible that nothing will happen with Bidens mistake. Should be interesting . Does this exclude trump from running if found guilty?

1 Like

Biden cooperated with the DOJ, handed back the material and there was no obstruction.

Trump moved the files, drained the pool to destroy the server room to destroy the footage of his minions moving the files around mar-a-lago. Trump talked about a classified memo and there’s tapes of this. So there seems to be espionage and treason involved here.

Clearly there’s no comparison between the two cases.

Nope. When the constitution was written in the 1700’s they didn’t allow for criminals to be a part of the process. He can even be President from jail.

Says it all about American politics. A complete relic from the Stone Age.

1 Like

This is how Trump treats fellow Republicans.