US Politics

The winner of a debate is for ones own personal opinion. Someone might be worried about healthcare and whoever speaks better on healthcare, for example, may get the individuals vote. Someone might be worried about national security and trump may dominate that in the debate and that might be the deciding factor for that individuals vote.

As a non US citizen/voter I feel as though Trump won the 2nd & 3rd debate. He got the short lines that are shown on the nightly news and spoke of Hilary’s corruption and dodgy history (Everyone shoot me for having an opinion).

As for his ‘sniffling’, by all reports that is breathing.

Sorry this is Australia - I don’t carry a gun :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Election Day Wednesday 9 November

ABC Main Channel AEDT

6:00am ABC News Breakfast: USA Votes

10:00am Q&A

11:10am Pointless

12:00pm USA Votes

2:00pm Parliament Question Time

3:00pm USA Votes

5:00pm ABC News: USA Votes Special

5:30pm The Drum: USA Votes

1 Like

That “Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump” picture on the screen behind Usher is taken straight from CNN

Trump was widely perceived to have lost the debate. The only polls which suggest otherwise are online polls on Breitbart.

You’re confusing polls churned out by each network, with nuanced, considered opinion from commentators who aren’t biased either way.

I’m not looking at an NBC poll, or a Breitbart poll, sorry, as that sort of political ‘analysis’ is for lazy dopeys.

1 Like

Totally agree.

Of course, I admit that some people will measure who ‘won’ each debate very differently.

For example, someone might consider the winner to be who out of the two candidates was the most poised and ‘presidential’.

Such superficial analysis would not incorporate the position of each candidate in the race, who made up ground, who got across points that otherwise have not cut through in a hostile media, who is most memorable etc.

Further, such analysis would totally miss the sentiment in the American electorate this time about career ‘politicians’ and those who lack authenticity.

Trump won the third debate without question. He also had a very good second debate and if he did not win, then Hillary certainly did not either.

1 Like

Jemima Khan stuns at UNICEF Halloween party with ‘groped by Donald Trump’ costume
Daily Mail

Oh no - the conspiracy theories this is going to start!

Mike Pence’s plane slides off runway at LaGuardia airport in New York

Mike Pence, the Republican vice-presidential nominee, has emerged unscathed after his plane skidded off the runway while landing at LaGuardia airport in New York in heavy rain.

The Boeing 737 carrying Donald Trump’s running mate coming in for a landing and went off the runway at about 7:40pm local time (23.40GMT).

Just like their campaign. Boom! Tish! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

According to trump, the democrats have sabotaged his plane.

The Project- Waleed Aly will be in the US from next week.
ABC News Breakfast- Michael Rowland will be in the US.

2 Likes

Good to see Ten sending Waleed on a junket - of course, I totally expect fair and balanced reporting. :sleeping:

4 Likes

he would most likely sprout out his left wing agenda

1 Like

Is that you, Senator Malcolm Roberts??

7 Likes

I have said for a long time, before Trump secured the Republican nomination that he would win. Even during the illegal release of his Access Hollywood tape. My view hasn’t changed. These developments overnight of one of the most corrupt politicians only helps his chances.

Sky News Election (which is now showing Sportsnight, that program synonymous with US politics :unamused:) will be taking coverage from C-Span on the day, according to the EPG.

Good to see Ten put in some effort with sending Waleed over, his reporting will be interesting to watch.

Question for the mods: I know in the opening post of this thread it says to discuss upcoming ‘media coverage’ of the election, yet its kind of gone a bit beyond that. At the extreme risk of being ‘that guy’, should posts relating to the more political side of things be moved to a thread in the Extra sub-forum? If I wanted to see the ‘Clinton News Network’ quips and Trump bashing, I’d open Twitter! :wink:

(Plus on Election Day, I can imagine this thread being quite busy with media coverage analysis alone)

We’ll mull this one over. Usually I agree about keeping the threads distinct but this election has really been media focussed in terms of the big stories so the lines have been blurred. Without speaking too soon I suspect we’ll have a dedicated Election Day/Night thread:

How is that any different from your right wing agenda?

It amazes me that the right have his bizarre view that people from the left aren’t permitted to express a point of view.

5 Likes

In what ways is he better than her? The fact that he’s mentally unstable counts him out

3 Likes