US Politics

You are aware that Seven and Nine stream their channels (including all news bulletins) online these days, aren’t you?

Yes. I’m questioning why it is broadcast on TV - when I think at 11am more people are in front of a computer than TV.

Why not stream it online and leave the TV schedule in tact.

1 Like

Onya Seven, treating one of the most loyal markets the right way /s.

Pretty deluded folk at Seven, who think that TMS is more important for Perth people than a presidential debate smh.

1 Like

The presidential debate would probably rate higher than whatever z-grade telemovie is scheduled at midday in Sydney and Melbourne.

4 Likes

Cause it meant studio time didn’t clash with the shows and bulletins coming out of Sydney.

Ratings for first debate weren’t too bad

@TV.Cynic @TelevisionAU

The ratings don’t really matter as they are not selling advertising.

Put in online where most of your audience is already in front of a computer - push to that and grow your online news streaming awareness

And run your regular schedule on air, sell advertising in it - and make money

And don’t turn Australia into the 51st US State by devoting more time to the US election than the Australian one

People should watch the full seven seasons of the west wing. Best tutorial on US politics ever made.

Honestly, I have never laughed more than reading this thread. Conspiracy theories being passed off as news. Classic!!

2 Likes

Been used extensively in US politics lectures at universities in both Australia and US.

I’ve never watched the west wing but Scandal pretty much gives you everything you need to know. And if you like conspiracy theories it has plenty of those as well.

I always thought the movie Dave was a good example of how the White house worked.

2 Likes

It’s unbelievable how anti trump the media is in America, but also Australia!
Trump isn’t perfect but nor is Climton. All I see on TV is Trumps history, how about someone broadcast Clinton admitting that the man she won a case for over the rape of a 12yo girl was guilty, maybe some attention on the fact she deleted over 30,000 confidential emails, some attention on the fact that she lied about the amount of iPads and blackberrys she used because she used hammers to destroy the others and even put some in acid! They could even look into the countless victims raped by her husband and her threatening them to keep them silenced!
A couple of weeks ago on Weekend Sunrise, O’keefe was dismayed and angered by the fact Kieth Sutter said Trump would win.
As I said, both are terrible, but a bit of objectiveness wouldn’t hurt!!
The next debate will have a lot of fireworks, I suspect Trump will focus on what I’ve mentioned today. He has said that he wouldn’t delve into her history, but she seems to like doing it so why not?
The next debate is actually a town hall style debate so if will be tougher to bring these points out and will be quite different to the format of the first debate.

And the Michael Douglas movie The American President.

Not a Trump supporter, but the media bias towards Clinton alongside story manipulation on a variety of platforms (mostly social media) has been shockingly blatant this election cycle. I’m sure its happened in the past but this time around they are making poor attempts to hide what they’re doing. It hasn’t stopped since Sanders started getting support in the primaries. Not to mention sections of the media are falling down the same slippery slope that media organisations in the UK did that supported the remain campaign for the EU referendum - they’re starting to look elitist, smug, and aren’t afraid of calling the masses idiots/dumb for not agreeing with them.

1 Like

All these people complaining about the bias coverage seriously thinking that trump deserves a fair go?? That he deserves to be president??

The media have taken editorial positions against this vile human.

And Fox News are bias in favor of trump. So there’s the alternative for the people bemoaning the main media favoring Clinton.

All in all Clinton is pretty bad as well. But trump is worse.

3 Likes

I seem to remember reading somewhere recently that a newspaper in one of the more conservative areas of the United States (which has previously always endorsed the Republican party) is endorsing the Democrats for the very first time this election. That’s how bad Donald Trump is.

3 Likes

I’m not asking for trump to be given a fair go, I’m saying that if your going to go searching through his history, finding stuff to bring him down then do the same for Clinton (or at least be objective!!) and you will find that she is even more vile. The fact she successfully defended a man who raped a 12 year old girl before admitting he was guilty speaks volumes of the women - all for herself.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see what happens between now and January.