TV Week

I guess it’s nice to see that it’s not only TV Week relying to stock publicity images and crude photoshop to put covers together

2 Likes

How nice to have a clean look, not a mess like TV Week

3 Likes

Sam Mac and his six-month-old daughter Margot are on the cover this week.

1 Like

Good to see someone different on the cover.

Really annoying how they keep having these Back to Ramsay Street? Back to Summer Bay? headlines when an actor is in a big new show, when we know the answer is always no.

2 Likes

Hey, at least they’re mentioning Neighbours, regardless of the headline haha

1 Like

Actually, no, he didn’t. It was Mike Willesee. Embarrassing that TV Week can’t get their own awards right

1 Like

“glamorous Sydney”? What?

2 Likes

Ethan and Jacqui are on the cover this week.

Something, something … Summer Bay.

But it’s the Wedding of the Year. :crazy_face:

until the next one in a couple of months

1 Like

I don’t mind the cover. At least they’re images from the wedding rather than using old stock photos and splicing them together.

Seeing as it the show’s 8000th episode I think they deserve a cover. Mind you, that’s not an excuse for so many covers during the rest of the year…

1 Like

So was this a fake wedding photo on the cover afew months ago?

1 Like

No, this was when they were due to get married late last year. As we all know, the path to happiness in soapy-land is fraught with danger and rarely do ‘popular’ characters get married on the first attempt.

1 Like

Given that it gets 2 out of every 3 covers i don’t think the 8000th is a reason to do another. There would be another cover in a week or so, anyway, so they can celebrate the 8005th or 8010th :stuck_out_tongue:

I think in the current climate any show that reaches 8000 episodes deserves a cover, whether it’s likely to sell magazines or not.

1 Like

Since the mag covers at least four Home and Away weddings a year on the cover a year, i reckon the “8000th episode” edition should have appeared. On top of their Season Preview edition, End of Year cliff-hanger edition, Home and Away turns (insert number here) edition, “Why I Had To Come Home” bi-monthly edition, the “stalker” edition and “Goodbye Alf?” editions per year.

1 Like

That’s what I mean. So the couple didn’t get married therefore there weren’t any wedding photos. So that photo must have been set up to be misleading and maybe even a composite photo of the two actors and a fake background to make it look like the wedding was going to happen.

I don’t think it’s worth over analysing TV Week / Home And Away covers. It’s bad enough we have a tally of how often they appear!

3 Likes

On another note. In the latest issue, there are at least two “mistakes” i spotted. They have “To Be Advised” for 5pm weeknights for Channel Seven, where it should be The Chase Australia. What else does TV Week thinkmis going in that slot? Lol. And they still have Matt Shirvington listed as host for Sydney Weekender, where it should be Sam Mac. This was announced 2 months ago.

And for ABC Kids section, i know most of their shows are short episodes, and thus have many shows to fill in the column. But have shows starting from 4pm, which means that shows between 6am-4pm are not listed. It would be nice, perhaps, to have a smaller font for that channel to fill in more programs. Am not expecting every show to be listed, but maybe from Midday. Or group programs together in 30.minute blocks as another idea?