TV Week

All those nominees for a Gold Logie announced today and all those new shows nominated in categories for the first time but they go with another dud cover this week.

Two actors from Home and Away who have already been on the cover about ten times this year and the same photos from a previous photo shoot. I had to check to make sure it wasn’t an old copy on the shelf from a few weeks ago.

Meanwhile, the seven Gold Logie nominees are crammed together into a small shot on the cover. Bloody hopeless. They don’t even know how to promote their own awards show properly. :weary:

2 Likes

Don’t be shocked to see the next issue look exactly like this only reversed and their clothes photoshopped a different colour.

Same, same, same:

1 Like

Another TV Week.

Another Home and Away cover.

Another photoshopped effort using previous photos.

groan.

They couldn’t have found an angle to do a cover from Five Bedrooms?

or Neighbours? Given that it’s scored more Logie nominations than Home & Away this year?

In TV Week’s defence, maybe Channel Ten isn’t being too forthcoming with publicity?

2 Likes

This week’s issue

2 Likes

This is a good cover and the sort of thing they should be doing more often.

Not the headline but the subject and photos.

3 Likes

One day it would be nice to have a group shot actually have people that look like they’re in the same room

1 Like

According to this week’s issue, “TV WEEK CLOSE UP” will be on sale on June 13. It says it will be a retro TV special - with the heading “101 Greatest Aussie TV Shows of all time”.

Can we safely say that Home and Away be number 1?

So maybe this is bi-monthly or quarterly now? The last one was timed with the launch of Game of Thrones.

I think Homicide or Prisoner will be No.1.

1 Like

they existed before 2000, those shows will be down the list I’m sure :thinking:

Home And Away would have to be at or near number 1.

2 Likes

The cover features:
Home And Away
McLeod’s Daughters
Blue Heelers
All Saints
Offspring
Packed to the Rafters
Neighbours
A Country Practice
Kath and Kim
Wentworth
Here’s Humphrey Bear
Bananas in Pyjamas

The show was called Here’s Humphrey, and the character’s name is Humphrey B. Bear. If TV Week can’t get that right I have my doubts about the list.

1 Like

Don’t get grizzly. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: That was me just listing the shows based on the photos.

2 Likes

I doubt I could name 30 Australian shows that I would consider to be truly great productions. It’d be good to know exactly who is coming up with the list (demographic) and what criteria they are using.

2 Likes

It’s like you read their minds. :rofl: At least they were consistent by putting Neighbours at number 2.

1 Like

I’d put them at numbers 100 and 101, but only because they have been around for many years.

They have Prisoner at 3 and Homicide at 7.

2 Likes