TV Week

one thing they need to fix up - the listing known as "WIN" - needs to be "WIN/Ten"

No worries. Sorry can’t agree with you on that format. I wouldn’t like that at all. They were using that in the MX newspaper and I just couldn’t get used to it.

I’m used to the Australian/British/European format that we have always had.

Yeah I’m not a huge fan of the grid format either. Given there’s 24 hours in a day that’s a lot of hours to fit into a page… even over 2 pages. The MX guide was only 6 hours (6pm to 12mn) and that took up the whole page of a tabloid.

Can't see them trying the grid format when so many other publications in the past have failed with it. I suppose it has been 15-20 years since the likes of The Australian's Media section or the Green Guide tried it...

TV Week has a bit of a makeover this week with changes to section titles, fonts and some layouts.

Looks like Matt Le Nevez is their new golden boy. He appears on the cover again this week with Asher Keddie for Offspring after appearing twice in the last month with Jessica Marais for Love Child. At least we're getting a bit of a reprieve from Home & Away dominating all the covers over the past two years with that show's popularity waning.

Thanks to TV Week’s subscription department my copy for this week covers regional Victoria so here’s a glimpse at how TV Week is covering the state since the WIN/Southern Cross changeover, and it seems still accounting for channels from South Australia coming over the border into Victoria, e.g. Seven SA (WIN).

For some reason though “Nine” was listed on Saturday with the “9HD” logo and channel ID 50 but from Sunday onwards has the normal 9 logo and channel IDs 5 and 51, although they’d not adjusted the footnote at the bottom of the listing accordingly.

4 Likes

Another Home And Away cover for TV Week.... drink.... :beer:

I bet you Erin McWhirter left TV Week because she could never get Emma Nolan's job (I seem to recall she went on leave during 2010?)

[Sorry, just saw the start of this thread]

1 Like

This week’s edition of TV Week is a double issue with TV listings for the Christmas / New Year fortnight. Has the magazine been rested over Christmas before?

Woman’s Day this week is also a double issue.

The only double issue of TV Week I can recall was 1979, when the 29.12.1979 and 5.1.1980 issues were combined.

1 Like

The double issue cost extra too, $5.99 instead of $4.99. Except the Coles Express where I usually buy it still scanned it at 4.99 so I did not pay extra.

The cover of this week’s TV Week has something different. It features Jessica Marais in her Love Child character and the cast of SBS reality show Filthy Rich and Homeless.

Huh? How is that different? Just about every cover is about the characters in a show. Last week’s cover for Offspring had the byline “The reunion that could tear the Proudman’s apart”.

Are you just shocked because they had two covers in a row that didn’t feature Home & Away characters? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That would shock me :wink:

1 Like

Nice to see Poldark featured on the cover of TV Week this week. The BBC drama is very popular around the world.

It’s good that they’re sharing it around some different TV shows but I actually thought it was an odd choice considering its ratings aren’t huge. If Poldark can feature on the cover then why not Marta Dusseldorp from Janet King and A Place to Call Home?

Poldark was also on the cover of New Zealand’s TV Guide last week

With the exact same photo it seems. So that’s where they got the idea.

This week’s TV Week cover features Australian Ninja Warrior. Following last week’s massive debut, this is a smart move to quickly rush a cover story.

Has the long run of mindless Home and Away covers finally been broken?

we can only hope. In the days when H&A was pulling 1.5m an episode you probably couldn’t blame TV Week for wanting to get a piece of that audience, but H&A isn’t rating anywhere near that anymore.