TV Week

Rick and Sue? (they’ve been around that long :grin:)

Although not state based covers but another multi-cover edition was from the 90s (or 00s) with two different covers featuring Brad Pitt. I thought it was very strange at the time because even though he was a big movie star then, Brad wasn’t really known for much of his previous TV work. I assume the editor was just a big Brad Pitt fan. :stuck_out_tongue:

ETA: I tried googling these covers but there doesn’t seem to be anything online. But I did notice Leonardo DiCaprio and Kevin Costner covers so movie actors may not have been so unusual back then.

movie-star covers and features were not unusual back in the day. The Star Trek movies and various Star Wars movies scored TV Week covers. ET was on the cover in January 1983. Despite the magazine’s title it also covered movies quite a bit, especially once the home video market really kicked in.

1 Like

A long overdue Home and Away cover :wink:

1 Like

another “must-watch” week?!?

2 Likes

Another bomb in Summer Bay. It’s an annual event. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Plus another story focussing on women’s ages in television. That’s the only angle they can find because Kat Stewart is now 50? And while the quote says “We”, Doris Younane is actually 60.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Home and Away

3 Likes

Good to see Kochie on the cover. It’s deserved after his long run.

1 Like

i hate the clickbaity headlines that they do:

Why I Had To Quit/Leave/Come Back/Stay/etc

Boring

5 Likes

Good to have David Koch on the cover. Leaving Sunrise after 20+ years is a big thing. Despite the usual tacky headline of “Why I really quit”.

I think TV Week has a quota of “Why I…” on the cover per year. Usually reserved for Home and Away stars of “Why I had to return”.

On a good note, the last three issues have had double-page “profile features” of Queensland personalities towards the end of the mag. Good interviews and photos. The Queensland stars were:
Jonathan Thurston (2 weeks ago, to talk about State of Origin Game 1); Shane Webcke from Seven News Brisbane (last week); and Melissa Downes from Nine News Queensland (this latest issue).

We need more stories like these from people who aren’t national. It’s a good sign from TV Week

2 Likes

1 Like

Ugh! Out of all the contestants on Dancing With The Stars they had to choose the Home and Away person for the cover.

2 Likes

I see that someone is leaving H and A - opportunities for more covers on possible return.

I didn’t realise that DWTS only had contestants that came from H & A. lol.

“Roo’s Sad Farewell” - currently on the bottom left of the mag. Which means that a cover of “why i had to come back” is in the works in coming weeks :stuck_out_tongue:

Georgie Parker is taking part in a stage play, so she will be absent from Home and Away for a few months.

1 Like

There you go. I wasn’t aware that she’ll be absent to do a play.

Georgie has been on the cover quite a few times over the years. I wonder if the “why i had to leave” headline will make an appearance anytime soon.

For a brief second I thought it was Chloe from Neighbours on the cover !

Obviously putting anything H&A related on the cover helps sell magazines, but gee, enough is enough. Also what about including other DWTS contestants on the cover?? The show isn’t all about Emily.

3 Likes

Exactly how far up H&A’s butt is TV Week?

2 Likes