TV Commercials

Hang on, I recall a kid showing me the Dundee ads! I nearly thought it was a real movie!

How so? What’s making you cringe?

2 Likes

Doubt you’ll get an answer, this user describes things as cringy on a seemingly random basis…

4 Likes

I guess you could say that’s pretty…

Strange.

Remember that legendary “Not Happy Jan” Yellow Pages commercial? It was shown tonight during MasterChef but with a twist. Turns out it’s a new ad for Darrell Lea.

3 Likes

and loving it

As posted in Brands and Promotions thread:

5 Likes

party poopers Sensis has issued Darrell Lea a cease and desist on their 2019 take on the old Not Happy Jan adverts:

And apparently Darrell Lea has succumbed:

http://www.kiis1011.com.au/newsroom/darrell-leas-brilliant-response-to-sensis-not-happy-jan-ad/

“In the spirit of Darrell Lea ‘Makes It Better’, we will be cancelling the ads and sending a big box of chocolate their way.”

2 Likes

They really are. They should be grateful for any free publicity which links to their product. After all, Yellow Pages is certainly not what it used to be.

2 Likes

most people these days probably didn’t even know Yellow Pages is still a thing. I haven’t seen a Yellow Pages book for years

4 Likes

I had to look for something last week and used White Pages online for the first time in a long time. Usually, I just Google it and find it that way. It worked better in that case because it was a wider search.

Sensis should reassess their position and flip on this. They’d get more free publicity.

2 Likes

Yellow Pages has been cheapened by Yellow Pages. It is a waste of paper. In every edition, that gets thinner each year, most pages have ever increasing blank space because they have been unable to sell advertising.

5 Likes

I actually use White Pages (online) a fair amount particularly for residential details/listings.

I haven’t used Yellow Pages in any form for ages.

2 Likes

I didn’t know they still had a printed edition. I haven’t seen one in years.

1 Like

Bob Jane T-Marts have been using the same exact jingle for 20 years! No time for a upgrade…

More like well over 40 years!

3 Likes

“Lady drivers” :laughing: So that’s anyone who drives a Ford, yeah?

3 Likes

1979 was a different time…

2 Likes

Never knew the tune went back so far and had words to it!

1 Like