TV Commercials

It’s weird how the current Vanish ad has the same music as an ad for a local business in Canberra…

Not really, it’s pretty easy for ads to end up using the same stock music.

4 Likes

Especially when it’s (probably) far cheaper for many advertisers to use production music from a library than go to the trouble of producing custom music/jingles!

2 Likes

When I was at the gym, I noticed that the Simon & Walters commercial was still playing on Channel 9 and 10 Perth during daytime programming. During the commercial, they had a 2003 Mercedes Benz Sprinter Ambulance van driving around the place.

this was the Doors Plus commercial in 2004. As of now, they have been using the Door Plus No Fuss jingle for more than 15 years. Still going strongly with the jingle.

The same ad, but in better quality (from the same video the user got it from):

Also, they reused the audio from that ad in a more recent ad (which aired during 2011-2017 from memory):

More like 25 years at this point, it’s been discussed here previously.

3 Likes

Exactly.

I wonder how Doors Plus have managed to keep essentially the same audio track (but poorly edited with the more recent versions) for the last 25 years. Surely it’s not that iconic of a jingle?

1 Like

One of my favourites from @SydneyCityTV’s “Central Coast Local Ad” montage vid…

2 Likes

The television commercial is here:

Extended version:

3 Likes

I recall an ad for Parkwoods Garden and Gifts (before it closed) that used the same music as an 9Life ident. but ironically I saw it on (SCA) 9Life’s Southern NSW feed!

TV Week Gold Logie reference in a OPSM ad.

An ad for a new 10 breakfast show?

No! :frowning_face:

5 Likes

This version of The Reading Writing Hotline ad is still airing on Seven (metro/regional Queensland), and it’s in fullscreen. It’s also the one I remember back in the day.

1 Like

As The Checkout taught me, this is AUST LAME:

No respectable journalist should shill for pills though.

3 Likes

She doesn’t have enough cash rolling in from Ten? Really?

1 Like

I recall a local ad that used to air during the late 2000s to the early 2010s in Canberra. I’m pretty sure it was for either an go-kart track or an ice skating rink.

I can clearly recall the cheesy music in the ad, which had “RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!” as its only lyric. I’ve forgotten what this place is, so could anyone help me?

Fatboy Slim?

1 Like

No, not that song. Some production music

thought this might be of interest to some in this thread: