TV Commercials

Have you seen how long the new Clive Palmer ad is… Longest I’ve ever seen :open_mouth:

1 Like

I am in Adelaide for the next 6 days, and already have noticed how there are a lot localised commercials eg. furniture retailers and car dealers than what there are in Sydney.

I suspect advertisers think that they are more likely to get viewers to go across town to their store than what viewers in Sydney are, therefore it works out better for them?

2 Likes

Maybe it’s because due to having a smaller population than Sydney (& Melbourne), it’s cheaper for local businesses to advertise on Adelaide commercial TV stations than it would be for those in Sydney. It’s a similar story in Perth for pretty much the same reason.

3 Likes

I agree.

There’s probably also more local businesses operating in markets like Adelaide & Perth, compared to Sydney & Melbourne which are markets the national/international operations are more interested in.

1 Like

I think it’s relative, yes, Sydney is more expensive but there’s more revenue available too being a bigger city.

Maybe the local / parochial factor as @SydneyCityTV says is another reason.

1 Like

Think that Clive Palmer has realised that he hasn’t spent the full $40 million yet, four of his party ads in a single ad break just then on Nine. Have seen about 10 others tonight, including one which would have been more than two minutes.

Making the most of it before the blackout at midnight?

1 Like

Pity four million of us have already voted and he wasted his money.

2 Likes

the latest ad I saw of Clive’s last night seemed to be the most measured and sensible of all the ones I’d seen prior. Why didn’t he roll that one out earlier instead of those stupid shouty “fast trains to Melbourne! 300k’s! One hour! Vote me!”

Still won’t make me want to vote for him though

2 Likes

Sooo glad the Election ads are over now.

Full of lies, and they’re just the better ones.

The ones that get my goat are where they attack one of the opponents.

That kind of political advertising should be banned.

4 Likes

If you stream any of the networks you can expect to still see election ads until late Saturday afternoon.

1 Like

Lol! All the more incentive to stay with terrestrial TV then :grinning:

I’ve already voted anyway.

1 Like

Thanks god they don’t play that ad anymore! A whole week ruined cause of this…

The ad is the least of your issues if it can somehow ruin an entire week!

6 Likes

remember barbara from bankworld?

4 Likes

Me!

If I’m not mistaken, that actress (who’s name excapes me right now) also starred in Nine’s “Comedy Inc” during the Early-Mid 2000s.

3 Likes

Genevieve Morris

Google is your friend.

4 Likes

My favourite, ever.

1 Like

Come to think of it, that girl holding the gigantic tennis ball in the last ad looks vaguely familiar too:

Obviously it’s a bit hard to tell just by compressed online clips of the ad. But at the time it was going to air, I wondered if it might’ve been Madison de Sousa (presuming that Wikipedia is correct about the full name for Madi) of children’s TV gardening fame.

I think the Aldi Christmas Ad and the Westpac “Frank” commercial are the two best out of the six nominees.
The winner for the Most Popular Television Commercial will be announced on Tuesday, June 11, and the winners will be attending The 61st TV Week Logie Awards at The Star Gold Coast in Queensland on Sunday, June 30.

1 Like

Is it just me or do I hate the Telstra Plus ad for being cringy?