TV Commercials

I actually saw the free Bible ad on TV last week.

2 Likes

Yep, I saw it last week too… was very basic, hopefully their tithes are helping the community because they’re certainly not going to TV production!

1 Like

I’ve seen that ad on 7mate Melbourne, typically later at night.

1 Like

I was going post on here about the ad mentioned above, but I forgot. I’ve been seeing it regularly on 7TWO Melbourne at around 11PM at night. It has one screen, then it transitions to another screen (this is the second screen). Both have the horrendous blue background and the white Comic Sans. It is topped off with a cheap voiceover. Definitely the worst production quality I’ve seen for an ad on metro commercial TV.

I’m aware there’s a photo on the Reddit link, but here is the (poor quality) photo I took when I saw it on the 22nd of August!

8 Likes

Oh my goodness, those really cheap and nasty ads for Aaron’s Outdoor Living that were doing the rounds on Sydney TV a few years back are a visual masterpiece compared with this!

5 Likes

New ad for Wallet Wizard seen tonight in the Riverland. Kid fires a foam rocket through the ceiling and the Wallet Wizard dude randomly appears lol

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/flashback/what-happened-to-the-mccain-super-juicy-corn-cobettes-girl/news-story/017fbd7858f7e7c34942fce86638f99f
Rebecca Cross was the girl who starred in the McCain Super Juicy Corn ad in 1997.

It makes any ad on C31 Melbourne look polished in comparison!

3 Likes

The beginning of the end for Grace Bros (and soon Myer)

1 Like

This years Australia Day Lamb commercial with Sam Kekovich.

Probably the best commercial they have made.

3 Likes

I find it hideous how these “parody” Government ads have made their way through SCA Nine…

1 Like

Wait, these have been broadcast on TV?

1 Like

What do you have against whistle blower protection?

It’s not like they’ll get a run on Seven for instance, I wonder why?

3 Likes

Saw one on TV the other night in Tas but not sure which channel it was on at the time as it was just in the background, was a bit surprised it was aired as there will still be people not understanding it’s satire.

2 Likes

They are shown on 9 Brisbane.

2 Likes

Doing a bit of research, they appear to come from a Melbourne or Perth businessman. In which case, if he is willing to stump up the money, then don’t see it being a problem. Viewers can use their critical thinking to analyse it.

5 Likes

Is anyone else hating the recent Ladbrokes commercial?

I thought it was good when I first saw it but now I find it really stupid and unwatchable. The networks love airing it.

2 Likes

The networks love money.

“Let’s lad broke the world”. That’s their goal - to make everyone broke.

2 Likes