Triple M Network

#1 Men 25-54.

Strategy is bang on.

2 Likes

And profitable.

2 Likes

The great thing about Triple M as a brand is that it has evolved.

Itā€™s grown as its listeners have grown.

Itā€™s a bit like how Sportsgirl as a brand decided to move with their customersā€¦ the same person who as a teenager was buying clothes there, was catered for in her 20s, 30s and now into her 40s.

While the same teen who enjoyed exploring the dark side of the moon in the 80s now has kidsā€¦ has an interest in sport and politicsā€¦ Triple M has evolvedā€¦

3 Likes

As much as they anoy me Triple M is in my DNA and I wish they would go back to being a music focused station. Canā€™t see that happening but the digital offerings are a good option.

4 Likes

I donā€™t think you can assume thatā€™s across the board. Itā€™s also lost a lot of former devoted listeners - like myself.

The evolution of the format suits some, but itā€™s driven others away.

2 Likes

Not sure what thread to put this in but Luke Bona no longer on B-Rock FM or Mix Canberra.

2 Likes

Could be, we donā€™t know, however only the carrier is on air, some kind of technical fault.

The streaming is taken from an off air feed rather from within the chain prior to the STL.

Triple M in Sydney are not No.1 with men aged 25. - 54. Itā€™s a myth. 2MMM ranks 5th place in the 25 - 39 year old and 5th with the 40 - 54 year olds.

In fact they rate an 8 compared to KIISā€™s 16 with the 25 - 54 year olds. Admittedly these are the figures for both genders.

Nationally they claim to be No. 1 with the 25 - 54 male demo bit not in the harbour city. I stand to be corrected though.

When Triple M was a music station in 1990s Sydney they did carve out a significant amount of the audience for 104.9. Nowadays JJJ and The ABCā€™s Classic FM beat them at night.

When Triple M went to air itā€™s original slogan was ā€œBecause Your Ears Have Brainsā€. Thatā€™s quite ironic considering that 40 years later in Sydney they target an audience that is lucky to have one, let alone three, brains.

4 Likes

Well said!

3 Likes

Iā€™m right in the demo for MMM but i donā€™t listen (the main station anyway - i love some of the digital offerings).

The problem for me is that the station is too schizophrenic - is it a sports station, a rock station or a talk station? On the weekends especilly when i turn it on i donā€™t know what iā€™m going to get. will it be music, will it be AFL, will it be NRL or will it be sports talk? the unpredictability is an issue

6 Likes

Yep same for me.

4 Likes

Consistency creates the foundation for success. MMM does not do that.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a misplaced commercial on 4MMM, advertises a business with stores in Balcatta and Canning Vale. Itā€™ll be in their run of station commercials.

4 Likes

Could be handy if you like a long drive, or are about to head to Perth!

2 Likes

Rosie usually panels on the Hot Breakfast but sheā€™s been away a few days this week, starting on Monday(?) with the guys referring to ā€˜technical difficultiesā€™. Is there a problem or has she been away sick?

2 Likes

Sheā€™s away. According to her Instagram she may even be having some major surgery so is probably off for a few weeks.
Radio Mike (mostly heard on the HIT network) is currently panelling Hot Breakfast.

1 Like

Thanks. I gathered something was going on. Do you recall if she was there earlier in the week when they were having their ā€˜technical difficultiesā€™?

Probably good that theyā€™re starting the holidays now (Darce off, Eddie broadcasting from London, Will in studio) because Rosie really is the glue who holds them all together!

Iā€™m fairly confident Rosie has been off all week. Her last show was on Friday last week I guess.

Funnily enough the reason Iā€™m confident is I often listen to the first 30 mins of the podcast and at the start of the show Luke Darcy nearly everyday acknowledges and welcomes Rosie within the first 2 minutes of the show. Noticed straight away she was missing this week. :slight_smile:

So presumably Radio Mike was the ā€˜technical difficultiesā€™ they said they were having! Fair call too because it would be very hard to come in and start working with an established team such as the Hot Breakfast team.

Happens a lot in TV land. Especially Regional.

1 Like