Triple M Network

Just about stopped listening to 3MMM except for hot breakfast which is about Melbourne’s best breakfast offering. There music playlist has basically stopped playing any new music, expect they have gone through this “classic rock” period before and all “safe songs”. I wish I could get the regionals as there playlist is good. Melb flicks to Sydney from 12:00 each day so no longer local. Let’s hope they do something with Aussie and country which is good. Not sure what the main difference is between classic rock and greatest hits?

1 Like

Greatest Hits can also include artists like Billy Joel that some may argue isn’t really “rock” and also newer songs.

Greatest hits regional play new hits. greatest hits dab don’t seem to.

1 Like

I’d take the metro playlist any day over the crap regional pumps out.

7 Likes

Maybe because I live in Melb I’m over it. Same stuff flogged day in day out. I suppose regional is same

2 Likes

They’re both horrible at the moment IMO

2 Likes

And the comedy factor for us media types to hear female skewed songs amongst MMM imaging. What disaster to use it regionally as it is.

2 Likes

I am surprised the regional’s are still running that format by the story’s that I am hearing.

2 Likes

Now that there’s an all Aussie Triple M… can we please reduce the number of crap Aussie songs on the other stations…?

Getting absolutely sick of hearing Goana and Solid Rock on GHD.

‘More classic rock and now less Aussie Crap - MMM GHD’

1 Like

How dare you? Solid Rock is not a crap song.

4 Likes

Sorry! I feel like I’ve trodden on sacred ground…

At least it’s not Horses I’m having a go at - I’d be deported…

3 Likes

It’s a decent proposal though.

If you’re going to have a whole station of Aussie shite.

Can we please just have one station that’s bogan-free?

2 Likes

Elitist. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Personally, I would’ve thought that Australian music should be included in the playlists of all Australian music radio stations.

Maybe play a little less on the Triple M digital stations that aren’t Aussie, but still have some!

4 Likes

There’s no non Aussie stations, save for ethnic broadcasters. No out for MMM there

1 Like

It’s regulation to have Aussie Songs, whether you like it or not.
But we want less of the same. I don’t know why stations won’t widen their playlists so workers (thoughts who listen to the radio the most) aren’t hearing the same songs 4 times a day.

5 Likes

That’s true for every radio station whatever their playlist. They all have a limited playlist because it seems like they can’t be arsed to have a wide one.

1 Like

Wonder if it’s cost of laziness?

It’s because the majority of listeners want familiarity all day every day and will happily reach for the dial if something obscure comes on. We must remember that us radio nerds are the 0.0001%.

3 Likes

I’m actually not sure we’re that much of a minority. I think a lot of people are just as likely to change stations if a repetitive song comes on that gives them the s#its. I’ve seen my non radio geek friends do it often. Also when annoying ads come on. I’ve got a friend who immediately changes stations when that ad for tiles comes on. I don’t think as many people change when unfamiliar songs come on as do for annoying over flogged songs actually.

6 Likes