Triple M Network

He was an absoulate natural. Loved listening all week and even found my self tuning in to plays of the day after 18:00. It was interesting listening to comedy that wasn’t always aimed around sport. Would love to hear him on a permanent gig. I remember the days Stubbsy used to host the Classic 9@9 and do 9 to 12 before he moved to breakfast

7 Likes

Triple M Sydney are currently playing the “Top 100 Australian Rock Albums Of All Time” as part of Oztober. They are currently up to #56, I haven’t seen any list on their website yet, i’d be interested to see one.

Is there a journalist at Mix by the name of Clare/Claire? If so, what is her surname?

Claire Bauskis

1 Like

Thanks @Richo.

Mix 94.5 have done well taking over the ‘network news’ supplied to regional WA stations that 6PR once did.

Very interesting that they’ve moved into that space.

West Coast Radio take the bulletins, Phil & Simon’s duo in Carnarvon have been taking Mix bulletins well before this began.

1 Like

Is a gronk worse than a bogan?

1 Like

Mix 94.5 music Director Russell Clarke has left the station and.hasn’t been replaced
All music direction is coming from TripleM in SA
Interesting times at Perth’s mix 94.5

3 Likes

Matthew Johns has asked Triple M to move him from the Grill Team breakfast show to another job on the station as he is over getting up at 4:00am.

Story in The Daily Telegraph:
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/matty-johns-confirms-hes-asked-triple-m-for-move-off-the-grill-team/news-story/cad5b41f6251d4751138fecffb5123d3

5 Likes

Where did Russ go and why? @WATV

So youre saying the music that gets played on Mix 94.5 in the future will be decided from Triple M Adelaide??

1 Like

Perth have a asstant music Director in morning Announcer Tim Lorden will work with Music Director SA who will over see both

1 Like

So is the music on Mix 94.5 the same as Triple M Adelaide now?

1 Like

The music at mix i haven’t notice any changes to the music format

2 Likes

Essential Vinyl on Triple M Classic Rock today was Queen’s 1973 self-titled debut album, to coincide with the Queen biopic “Bohemian Rhapsody” coming to cinemas this week.

2 Likes

I’m tipping a Hadley-esque show that could go out to the regionals, replacing Raaaaaaaaaaaay. I can’t see him doing weekends with his Fox commitments. That, or he leaves the MMMs completely if Poxtel offers him a stonking deal.

2 Likes

I can’t see a “Mornings With Matty Johns”’ type show working in metro or regional areas.

The only reason why they have Hadley on regionals is that they don’t have a suitable replacement in their stable.

But if someone like Luke Bona gets a good profile in his overnight shift, they could be looking at moving him to a morning shift down the track.

1 Like

I could. But only because this is the same mob who thinks replacing respected heritage brands on AM with a FM brand was a “great” idea.

I reckon if they could replace Hadley with someone cheaper or inhouse they would. They’ve tried it with Charles Wooley before.

4 Likes

I don’t think they have anything for him. Do they do a Rush Hour style show in Sydney like Melbourne (2-4pm)?

Ok just realised they do with MG at 6pm, switch Matty to co-host that?

2 Likes

MG hosts Rush Hour in the 6-7pm timeslot. Radio Chaser is 3-4pm

Mix 94.5 Played Africa by Toto at 9:54am yesterday Morning Perth time which isn’t played on Metro Triple M stations in the eastern states so definitely haven’t noticed a change yet.

While I’m at it looking at Mix website last night 11:30pm it said Live Luke Bona on nightshift when it still had delayed Sporting Probe Roy and HG (have a screenshot) but have a feeling Luke Bona will broadcast live into Perth as he does in regional Western Australia

1 Like