Triple M Network

As of last year, they’ve aired Giants games in some rounds instead of a Swans game because it avoided a conflict with their NRL coverage - the current rights agreement allows for that flexibility

It’s interesting to see what Triple M in Sydney (as well as in Melbourne, Brisbane & Adelaide) is sounding like as from today: http://onlineradiobox.com/au/triplem1049/playlist/

It’s almost like a callback to their “You’ll Never Know What We’ll Play Next” era of 2005-07.

1 Like

Listening to Ugly Phil’s shift on Triple M Melbourne (via Sydney) and it appears they’re using the ‘All The Variety In The World’ positioner

1 Like

I think there doing the samething they did with 2dayfm in the sydney market they are testing out a 80s and 90s music log to see if it goes well with their male audience and i was listening to digby gillings shift on triple m Melbourne and someone rang their switchboard wondering who daryl Braithwaite was :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I don’t think that looks much different to what they’ve been playing in recent months.

There are no artists like Howard Jones or Nik Kershaw that they used to play back in that “You Never Know What We’ll Play Next” era.

1 Like

I do wonder if Crocmedia having NRL could mean MMM taking more Swans/Lions matches this year.

Separate broadcasts and productions would suggest not.

1 Like

Triple M is having another ‘Generation X’ week this week.

3 Likes

Just got into Brisbane, turned on 104.5, what is going on with their drive show?

Another unknown woman on whilst Libby is away on maternity leave?

Why do they make no mention of who the female co host is during the show? They might have at the beginning at 3pm but during the two breaks I’ve heard whilst travelling.

Libby on maternity leave is a perfect time to trial just Luke and Dobbo (Ben Dobbin), serve up male focussed like Triple M should be. They’re supposedly #1 with males 25 - 54, so focus on it.

2 Likes

Margaux Parker.

Why don’t you like women being involved?

1 Like

I’ve got no problem with women involved, just find the right ones who can do content right for male audiences. It can be done, just not being done now.

@JBar Richard Carleton would be proud of your leading questions, well done.

1 Like

Former Bronco Corey Parker’s wife. Who is also on 4MMM on Saturday mornings and is well known to the 4MMM audience.

4 Likes

Triple M Sydney seemed to have refined their music format somewhat.

I just heard a sweeper that said “Triple M now plays Sydney widest rock mix at work”. It included a reference to Generation X.

One song they included in the promo that I’ve never heard Triple M play before was "Missing You;, the 1984 hit from John Waite.

Interesting.

I think you meant 1984, not 1884. :wink:

Lol! Corrected.

That’s what comes of typing on a smart phone with old eyes :blush:

Jack Fulham appointed Assistant Producer of Triple M Brisbane’s The Big Breakfast Show with Marto, Robin and The Moonman

Triple M Brisbane Content Director Rex Morris has announced the exciting news that Jack Fulham, volunteer intern of 12 months with Triple M Brisbane’s The Big Breakfast with Marto, Robin & Lawrence ‘The Moonman’ Mooney, has formally been appointed Assistant Producer.

“We love and encourage passion for radio and 25-year-old Jack Fulham has shown this in bucket loads. He has volunteered as an intern with the Triple M breakfast team for 12 months. He has learnt the ropes, put his hand up to be a part of a show that is really special, and he has been there when he was needed. We are proud to call him a team member and part of the Triple M family,” said Morris.

“Jack’s passion and enthusiasm will be more than a match for the demands that this role will throw at him. We’re all looking forward to working on his career progression with SCA.”

Jack works with The Big Breakfast with Marto, Robin & Lawrence ‘The Moonman’ Mooney Executive Producer Scott Menz.

2 Likes

Willing free labour for a year.

When did 4MMM drop its Grill Team breakfast branding?

1 Like

When Kennedy/Molloy started. The Luke Bradnam Show was also been renamed to ‘The Rush Hour’

2 Likes