Triple M Network

Correct, as it has been in Adelaide and Perth.

You know these supposed dumb media buyers who can’t work out what is the drive show in just five metro markets and need the radio companies to spoon feed it to them with uniform branding.

1 Like

Triple M Sydney have had Digby in the morning for the past 2 weeks. Liveand local from Melbourne.:neutral_face:

1 Like

Ugly Phil goes into Melbourne from Sydney after 12pm. Has been like that for over 12 months now but Phil still voice tracks local Melbourne traffic alerts and a crossover before the Rush Hour starts complete with a “on Melbourne’s 105.1 Triple M” tag by Phil.

Is Digby doing the same into Sydney with local content?

He starts at 10, and yes he has been. I dare say Becko is away. I knew Phil had been into Melbourne I don’t agree with it at all, should be a local announcer.

2 Likes

Radio Chaser repeats (The Platinum Edition) are airing 8am Mondays on Triple M Modern Digital. I assume this is the same as the weekend show networked on the FM stations?

Edit: sounds like it - this episode currently airing

1 Like

That’s a good use of a DAB+ station. I assume they are mixing it in with music from the normal Modern Digital log.

Yep - wish they’d broaden the playlist a tad though!

1 Like

Also on the Triple M Modern front, Homegrown with Jane Gazzo is currently airing, in simulcast with 105.1FM Melbourne.

There’s also a new lunchtime shift - The Smoko. Luke & Lewis are doing a 6-8pm show three days a week (I think Tues-Thurs), plus the Sunday night Fox FM show.

1 Like

I haven’t bothered to dip into the cesspit of radio FB pages, but it’s been about 30 hrs since this was posted to 4MMM’s Luke, Libby and Dobbo FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/LukeLibbyandDobbo/posts/?ref=page_internal

I don’t know this Scott Alexander, however his comment is one of the most eloquent and nails the sentiment:

Scott Alexander: Gee Luke when you worked on Hot Tomato you used to bag out opposition radio stations who played nationally produced shows from other states. Now your employer plays one of those shows at your own shows expense. That employment contract you signed with MMM must have been a bit loose to allow your show and personal reputation to be shafted like that!! I thought you were supposed to be cracking into the Brisbane market - not sure if an hours airtime a day really fits that definition? Anyway I think your show is much better than Kennedy Molloy. Call in the lawyers I say!!!

From 6 hrs of content broadcasted over two stations to 4 hrs on two stations.

All despite a ratings rise both in Bris and GC (both markets due to matters outside their control), the show has been all but crucified in Brisbane.

Eddie McGuire spoke of ‘boning’ Jess Rowe to rid her completely from Today, I guess this is a live boning.

The FB comments are the usual opposition that stations expect and within a week most will shrug their shoulders and move on. Stations rely on this unless you’re Duncan at ARN who seems to have a big axe to grind against talent he’s axed. That’s a strange one.

1 Like

So 4MMM get 1 hour does Gold have a 3 hour show?

Triple M unfortunately is starting to turn into Nova with pure national content. Ugly Phil now does afternoons there too From Sydney.

1 Like

I noticed that too last week.That means on Triple M Brisbane only the breakfast and morning shows are live and local.:-1:Not Happy

1 Like

Looking at their playlists on Online Radio Box, it appears that Triple M Adelaide is the most “rockiest” of the Triple M stations, and is quite different from its Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane stations. According to the recent ratings survey, it is the 2nd most popular station in Adelaide behind Mix 102.3.

You can see it for yourself below:

And compare it to Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane.

2 Likes

National drive shows are fine with me but nationalised shifts are a waste of time. I’d rather a local announcer any day. And a quality drive show only to drop it for Kennedy Malloy. At least it isn’t on delay half hour for no reason like the regionals.

Triple M Adelaide is also live and local during breakfast and mornings as well.

And I believe afternoons as well with Sean Craig-Murphy on until 3pm with the Rush Hour with Jars and Dale Lewis on from 3-5pm

1 Like

You are correct Sir!

1 Like

And a better playlist as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Luke Bona off for the week, Paddy Gerard taking over. Spoke about conspiracy theories last night apparently. Always interesting past midnight hahaha

1 Like

How long before that’s punted to finish by 4pm?

Really hope that doesn’t happen, would be a disaster going to only one hour up against 5AA’s Footy based drive show.

1 Like