Triple M Network

Looks like ALL Triple M network stations have the same Ozzest 100 log, as I’ve heard the same songs on their stations in Sydney, Newcastle, Gosford and Orange. Didn’t get to check Port Macquarie.

2 Likes

Just heard Kylie Minogue whilst steaming 105.7 Albury. Wonder if Melbourne played it?

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing mate.

mick molloy jane kennedy listen yesterday for the first on mix94.5 omg
this is absolutely the worse radio show i have listen to
and the amount of mix listeners who have raised there anger on fb in perth are not a happy bunch

1 Like

Hardly. You obviously haven’t listened to Will and Woody on KIIS. :joy:

5 Likes

Melbourne is ahead of Sydney. Melbourne is on #43 Pleasure and Pain by Divynls while Sydney is on #50 No Secrets by The Angels

Will they go the whole way and play Yothu Yindi’s Treaty as number 1?

1 Like

The only Kylie song I’ve ever heard Triple M Sydney play was her duet with Nick Cave, “Where The Wild Roses Grow”. It wasn’t that one, was it?

BUT… Triple M Sydney DID play Slim Dusty’s “A Pub With No Beer” at #45 in the countdown… First time I reckon they’ve played Slim Dusty since the “You Never Know What We’ll Play Next” format of 2005, when they used to play “Duncan”.

The announcer reckoned they’ve NEVER played Slim before, but they were wrong about that.

3 Likes

Not quite the same. I did notice the regionals played Deep Water by Richard Clapton then Can’t Get You Out Of My Head by Kylie Minogue, followed by Don’t Dream It’s Over by Crowded House. Triple M Sydney went from Richard Clapton to Crowded House, completely skipping Kylie.

4 Likes

How rude.

Meanwhile:

Kylie Minogue new song Dancing gets on Nova, Hit and KIIS
Kylie Minogue’s comeback single defies pop’s ageism to be Most Added Track on radio
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/kylie-minogues-comeback-single-defies-pops-ageism-to-be-most-added-track-on-radio/news-story/dc2518b5180961d1a5590b8ccafa94f6

Really hurting the brand by not making the regionals be TRUE Triple M stations.

2 Likes

Or maybe the Metro stations need to change.

1 Like

No the capitals didn’t but the regionals did. I did hear the capitals play True Blue which was impressive

1 Like

Too bad it’s an atrocious song…

2 Likes

I heard it today. It’s a bit ordinary.

2 Likes

Was the Ozzfest 100 dictated by management or was it a true “democratic” poll opened to the punters? I had my votes all lined up…all of them completely nonsensical and with minimal chance of getting up.

Will point out that I didn’t listen today, had no intentions of listening to it or Triple J’s crap tomorrow, as both are crap and if it wasn’t for the Chaser in 2018 and Roy and HG, I’d never listen to Triple M. I just wanted to be a dickhead. Not that it’s hard. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Many excellent choices there especially Laurence Schuberth - NBN News Theme :wink: :australia:

1 Like

I think I like that Top 10 selection better than Triple M’s Top 10 or what will probably be Triple J’s Top 10 tomorrow! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have to be honest - I was looking for all Australian tracks that sounded stupid. Something Triple J AND Triple M would reject out of hand.

3 Likes

Has there ever been a countdown in radio that isn’t dictated and chosen by management…?

Even the Hottest 100 would be massaged. Nowadays I’m sure they have enough votes to use them to get some kind of framework, but I’d highly doubt it’s 100% decided by punters…

5 Likes