Triple M Network

Triple M re-signs with Queensland Rugby Union and the Queensland Reds

Triple M has announced the re-signing of a new three-year history-making partnership with Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) that in 2020, will see the station acknowledged as a 30-year sponsor. This is now the longest standing partnership for the QRU and one of the longest in Australian sport.

Announcing the newly-inked three-year deal today at Ballymore with Queensland Reds Head Coach Brad Thorn, Southern Cross Austereo and Triple M General Manager Damon Rielly said that sport was part of the station’s DNA and Rugby an important part of the sporting line-up, both on and off air.

“Rugby has a strong grass roots, community following in Brisbane, and while many companies and media look to centralize operations and marketing back to Sydney, we are looking to increase our local community presence,” said Rielly.

“The latest Roy Morgan research shows that 359,000 people in Brisbane follow Rugby, and our Triple M audience are the most passionate supporters, so the ongoing partnership creates the perfect go-to place for all rugby information,” he said.

“Rugby has had a tough time of late, we see this as a great opportunity to further our involvement and help a mate in times of need; I’m confident Rugby and the Queensland Reds under Brad Thorn’s mentorship will be successful once again in 2018.”

Under the new partnership the official designation for Triple M is now Major Partner of the QRU and the St. George Queensland Reds, Official FM Radio Partner of the QRU and the Reds and QRU’s Longest Media Partner (30 years in 2020). Triple M has further extended its involvement in Rugby in 2018 by becoming the major sponsor of the Norths Rugby Union team in the Queensland Premier Rugby competition.

“The QRU is very excited to announce signing Triple M for another three years, as this is QRU’s longest continuous commercial partnership. The synergy between our fans and the Triple M audience has underpinned our very close relationship across three decades,” said QRU Chief Executive Officer, Richard Barker.

The partnership includes a three-year combination of airtime, promotional strategy, activations, co-branded initiatives across the season, talent support and engagement of listeners with players and the leadership team, and again inks Triple M into the DNA of Brisbane as the home of all thinks rock, sport and comedy.

1 Like

“…inks Triple M into the DNA of Brisbane” ??
Who writes this crap? Not only is it a mixed metaphor but it’s cringe worthy!!

Corporate speak these days is laughable.

3 Likes

They are relying on their FM104 heritage with no reference to it whatsoever.

2 Likes

Either that or Marto’s making a comeback at fullback…

Tomorrow morning Triple M’s new breakfast team
returns,Marto,Robin and’Moonman’( who’s he?)

2 Likes

Greg Martin, Robin Bailey, Lawrence Mooney

1 Like

Comedian Lawrence Mooney

2 Likes

Ok thanks for that

1 Like

Any reason why Luke Bona is finishing at 6am now?

because it flows into most of the network’s breakfast programs which commence at 6. There’s still an out at 5 and 5.30 for those who want to leave.

Out of curiosity, did anyone fill in for Luka Bona over the summer break or did most stations just run music over night for a few weeks?
Do any non-SCA stations take Luke Bona?

B-Rock in Bathurst does, along with Mix FM Sunshine Coast (owned by EON Broadcasting) & 4GC Charters Towers (owned by Resonate).

Announced the show has been extended by half an hour. So will now go to 6 and lead straight into breakfast. Much better than listening to best if shows

2 Likes

Yeah 100% regionals are still opting out early so I hope that changes next week.

Just back from Tassie, Triple M are really hurting the old brand by not staying true to Triple M. I certainly don’t understand when in a market where they have HIT station they don’t align themselves to a TRUE Triple M format and I also don’t know why regionals don’t take shows like drive at the correct time. Kennedy Molloy is 4-6pm but some won’t take it at that time. If it is to be a true national show everyone should hear it live, including Brisbane.

3 Likes

Ahhh. Luke Boner, you seem to be making a lot of dead air there :unamused::unamused:

2 Likes

2MMM and 3MMM will be doing post Foo Fighters concert live broadcasts on 27th January in Sydney and 30th January in Melbourne :guitar::guitar::microphone::microphone:

Details can be found here:

4 Likes

According to the below article, it will air at 8-10am Saturdays.

1 Like

Once again, phenomenal work by Radio Today for almost cracking the code regarding Dom Knight’s “natural” anchoring talents. It’s almost like he hosted Nights on ABC Radio for 4 years or something

8 Likes

I’ve had Triple M on this morning and I’ve quite enjoyed the Ozzest 100 countdown so far. Good songs including some indigenous themed songs like Midnight Oil’s Dead Heart and Warumpi Band’s Blackfella/Whitefella.

Also just heard a good piece on the history of Australia Day that was very sensitive to the indigenous people and even encouraged listeners to reflect on the true meaning of Jan 26. I’d be keen to find this audio if Triple M publish it somewhere and share it.

Despite the initial PR disaster when this countdown was announced I reckon they’ve done a good job so far and done it sensitively.

5 Likes