Triple M Network

AB Original is hoping they will.

That Fairfax story is misleading - the comments by Molloy & Kennedy were made well before the ‘Ozzest 100 controversy’ became a story

3 Likes

Surely it would be the first time in at least 30 years that a commercial radio station would take any notice of public votes for a supposedly ‘public-voted’ countdown…

1 Like

Or a non-commercial network, if truth be told.

There was a campaign from Taylor Swift fans to get her song into the Triple J countdown and they famously announced that it was out of contention because it wasn’t a song ever on their playlist.

1 Like

Yeah but that’s fair enough. Taylor Swift is about as far from Triple J’s core purpose as they come. Allowing her to be played would’ve been a disaster for the public broadcaster.

3 Likes

Triple M and Hit Network Beta version apps have appeared on the Sonos platform.

2 Likes

I disagree completely. Imagine all the free publicity!

No-one who listens to Triple J currently would have switched because of it, and they might have picked up new younger listeners who would never have considered them before.

Now to see if we can get Taylor Swift in the ‘ozzest’ 100…

1 Like

You’ll have to convince to change her citizenship. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Surely we can adopt her like we do every other slightly famous person who give even the slightest flattering remarks about Australia…?

We do have strict standards now though so she won’t pass the test. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Taylor Swift on Triple M gee i never thought i would see the day.

It already happens in regional areas that have their “heritage” stations now carrying the Triple M name.

1 Like

I can kinda understand stations like Sea FM Rocky and stations like that playing Taylor Swift as they have always had a wider group of music.

If you told me 2 years ago there might be a day you would hear Taylor Swift on 4GR and Triple M Brisbane… I would have called bullcrap.

4 Likes

Listen to some of the regional Triple M’s, they flog her to death.

1 Like

Taylor Swift will be on the Pure Gold network before long…

Some of the songs they play now are terrifyingly recent.

No Doubt, Smashmouth, Powderfinger, Green Day, Maroon 5… I remember when all these were on high rotation on the Fox…

2 Likes

Yes, as recent as 2014…Pharrell Williams’s “Happy”’ is the most recent song I’ve heard (on WSFM).

Likewise “Geronimo” by Sheppard, which came out on the same year.

1 Like

#Tay4Ozzest100…

And while we’re at it… Lorde too. The only reason why she didn’t win in 2013 was because (seemingly) Australians hate Kiwis so much!

Fair enough.

Sweeper on Triple M Sydney…

“Icehouse… As Sydney as Triple M”…

Then they played “Walls”, which was by Flowers. I know Flowers became Icehouse, but still, the song didn’t quite match the sweeper… They should have played “Baby You’re So Strange”, which doesn’t get enough airplay imo.

3 Likes