Triple M Network

That is a really nice press release from many years ago.

Here is the latest press release from Survey 7 Sydney (2017) from the SCA website:
http://www.scaengage.com.au/surveys/sca-1-in-australia-for-all-people-18-54-18-39-and-25-54/

No. 1 for men 18-54? Nup.

This is a “caps lock” free comment.

2 Likes

Depends which market you look at. Melbourne has different metrics to Sydney and Brisbane.

I think that the ems in Melbourne have been a lot more successful than their sister station in Sydney. The only thing that prevents 2MMM from being the lowest rating FMer in Sydney over the last 4 years is 2DayFM

1 Like

Serious question: When was the last time that Triple M was regularly the #1 or even #2 station on Sydney FM radio? I was thinking probably in the Early 90s, before Doug Mulray left and the AM > FM conversions happened.

1 Like

The last time that 2MMM was the #2 FM station was Survey 7 in 2006, in which it scored a 7.4% share (levelled with Nova) in contrast to 2Day’s 11.1% share. 2MMM was #1 FM in Survey 5 that same year with a 9.2% share.

Prior to the end of 2002, 2MMM was consistently the #2 FM station in Sydney, staying ahead of then new-comer Nova.

4 Likes

TV-Expert, your name is misleading - you are also the radio ratings expert.

7 Likes

Yes, I admit it’s a wrong username for me to use, and should’ve come up with a new one when the current version of this forum started about 2 years ago. :blush:

But back on-topic, 2MMM was consistently the #2 FM station from Survey 8, 1998 to Survey 8, 2002, except for one survey in 2000, when they were the #1 FM station. During that time, Austereo owned the top 2 FM stations in Sydney, with 2Day being the king of Sydney FM radio.
A part of 2MMM’s success in 1998-2002 was thanks to Andrew Denton presenting breakfast, as well as Club Veg, who were doing drive at the time. After Club Veg were axed at the end of 2002, 2MMM’s ratings fell, allowing Nova to take the #2 FM spot & eventually the #1 FM spot.

2 Likes

You can ask the admins to change it for you and they’ll get around to it after they’re done establishing a white ethnostate with authoritarian tendencies.

1 Like

That reminds me. I need to get my southern cross tattoo touched up before Australia Day…

Are Triple M doing their Aussie music triple plays on Jan. 26 or did the offenderati put an end to that as well?

1 Like

wrong again. You really should stop posting here and on Radio Today, you simply make a complete idiot of yourself.

I work for SCA and I get the PR - the one I took that screenshot from was from Survey 7, 2017 - emailed from our PR department on 14/11/17.

READ IT. Comprehend it.

1 Like

Tell your PR team to update their website. It’s not on there. 2023 Survey 8 | Southern Cross Austereo

• #1 station for men aged 25-54
3 Likes

I hate the term but as AustralianAriel has pointed out - it’s fake news to suggest that 2MMM is No.1 for men 18 - 54 in Sydney.

Provide a live link and I will apologise and promise to listen to a stereo cricket broadcast for an hour. I will even join the 16 listeners who tune in to 2MMM after 10pm weeknights this Tuesday night for 30 minutes.

I really hope you can’t provide a live link!!!

2 Likes

I figured you worked for SCA, with all the capitalisation… Nice attitude.

All this company spin about being No. 1 or 2 with blokey blokes or transgender penguins aged 20+ to 22 is great, but the fact is Triple M is the lowest rating commercial FM station in Melbourne and Brisbane and the second lowest rating in Sydney - behind your stablemate. My comment was simply that Triple M wasn’t “setting the world on fire” on the east coast, and that is backed up by that fact

So go on send me some more PR banners and some captions with capitals if you like.

3 Likes

and i’m sure the management would be real happy with the way you are represeting the company on here, and probally braking the social media policy

2 Likes

Mark HD has a point the thing Iso triple m does rate a 6 share in Melbourne but I also agree with everyone else about triple m not setting the ratings on fire in Sydney but you have to acknowledge that the station is improving and is gaining a few points and improving across the board as it relates to triple ms sports coverage I’m not sure how that rates so I wouldent be able to say anything about that but I would presume it rates well

And also a question to markhd how long have you been working at sca

Goes to show the level of intelligence here.

obviously… when the best you can find to have a go at me is a small spelling mistake it says quite a bit about you…

1 Like

Personally I find it funny where a web forum where people like you claim to be media enthusiasts go out of your way to drive those who work in the industry away by having a go at them. At least you might be lucky to get some sort of information from these individuals from time to time to add to the conversation, but instead rubbish them and tell them they are constantly wrong. No wonder why this web site has a good reputation amongst the industry.

2 Likes

Ok, time to move on, get back on topic

5 Likes