Triple M Network

It may have conincided with a drinks break… sometimes they bring that forward if a wicket has just fallen.

Glad the regionals are taking all the tests this year.
Been a few complaints on the respective Facebook pages.

It wasn’t, the wicket fell in the middle of the hour.

1 Like

And likely more complaints that normal programming of music and talkback is not going to air. Many less choices in regional markets.

4 Likes

Interesting that Gold FM on the Gold Coast is not taking the cricket.

Neither does 2GO on the Central Coast. In both cases, it’s probably due to having significant overspill of Triple M from Brisbane & Sydney respectively, as well as having tough competition with Hot Tomato & Star 104.5 respectively, in which both Gold & 2GO are rating way behind those two.

2 Likes

Is kofm taking the cricket?

Yes.

1 Like

Very disappointing to hear that Mark Geyer will be replacing Dan Ginnane on the 6-7pm show next year. I’ve listened to nearly every DSL show this year and Dan’s rapport with the nightly hosts (in particular Sterlo and Richard Freedman) has been a feature.

What a let down, is Dan only featuring on the footy coverage.

From Jan 8 mix 94.5 breakfast show will be called
The Big Breakfast Show with Clairsy Matt & Kimba
And the drive show with Pete and Lisa will be The Rush Hour
Its this another sign that Mix in perth might be TripleM Perth!!!

1 Like

If they do re-brand as Triple M Perth just watch it plummet. Perth people hate anything perceived to be from the east coast.

1 Like

KOFM’s drove show was called the Rush Hour too. I think it’s more of a network thing and ties in with advertising really well.

Nova? They went number 1 this year in Perth.

As long as 94.5 stay local and relevant they should be fine if they do switch. Mix is hardly a heritage brand. There are plenty of stations around the world called Mix. If they were still 6KY and became Triple M then I could imagine the uproar.

5 Likes

Nova was a brand new station and not a takeover. Also aimed at a younger demographic and not an older audience that have been listening for years like 94.5

Also there’s the added confusion that 96fm spent time as Triple M.

If it was “no risk” they would have done it already.

Why risk a No. 1 station (their only metro No. 1 no less) when Triple M is not exactly setting the world on fire on the east coast, in fact far from it.

I do agree Mix is a crap name, they should have left it simply as 94.5

2 Likes
  • 2MMM #1 MEN 18-54

• 2MMM #2 IN BREAKFAST PEOPLE 18-54 AND #1 FOR MEN 18-54

• 3MMM #1 BREAKFAST FOR MEN 18-54

• 5MMM #1 ALL PEOPLE 25-54, #1 ALL PEOPLE 18-54

• TRIPLE M #1 MEN 18+

• TRIPLE M #1 MEN 25-54

• TRIPLE M #1 MEN 18-54

And who does Triple M target? Oh that’s right. MEN.

But don’t let facts ruin your good little fictional story.

5 Likes

but - and hear me out here - imagine an SCA station rating above a 6 share in Sydney.

3 Likes

:rofl: Like in the “good old days”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

2MMM in Sydney is No.1 for men aged 18 - 54?

In all due respect SCA don’t even make this claim and the latest ratings don’t support it either.

It’s Triple M’s weekend ratings that make me question the viability of this station to get me a return on my SCA shares - sport and talk is more expensive to broadcast than music and the ems rate a low 4.2 and this is lower than JJJ. Mind you it is higher than the massive 3.7 than MMM achieve on weeknights.

2 Likes

WRONG - YET AGAIN.

3 Likes