Triple M Network

The Grill Team playing only AC/DC this morning.

1 Like

Did any other metro stations take the feed from Ugly Phil and Dangerous Dave yesterday or was it just Melbourne and Sydney?

Triple M Adelaide didn’t.

1 Like

Brisbane did in the morning

Triple M Brisbane played a few AC/DC tracks today and Ugly Phil had a whole hour of them from 12-1pm.RIP Malcolm Young

1 Like

Morning would’ve been enough. Are there not enough resources in MMM Bris or Melb to do their own?

E.g 11 Sep 2001, then Today network could’ve run networked talkback programming as they opened the lines and put more calls of reaction than music to air that day. They didn’t and instead, great local reaction suited for that market. #1 station (music) back then.

MG leaving the Grill team, been on air since 2009.

1 Like

Triple M’s night duo, Tom & Olly, is expanding into Brisbane & Adelaide from January 15, under the title “Tom & Olly Have Questions”.

More: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/triple-ms-tom-olly-expand-two-new-markets

2 Likes

Another bad move from SCA. That will be the end of the Cold 30 now for Triple M Brisbane. Will their be any music left on this station at night?

Thank god for DAB in Brisbane. Will soon ditch FM for good very soon.

2 Likes

If you have (if not, planning to buy) a car that has DAB+, then you would be listening to them exclusively, at least when within the DAB+ coverage area. I know I would if I’m ever in that situation. Just ask @Brianc68. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s hardly setting the world on fire ratings wise.

I’ve ditched FM permanently in Brisbane and only listen to DAB stations - Greatest Hits, Classic Rock, Smooth, Easy Hits, Double J and RN. Occasionally I try Modern Rock and Oldskool.

Get a car with DAB and you’ll never go back. I also find I listen to a lot more radio at home now too while I’m working or on the computer or doing chores. It’s like the old days when I used to have FM104 on as background.

Life is better without FM these days.

7 Likes

Wonder where this will be squeezed in. Jane Kennedy and Mick Molloy drive show to be run too. Be good to see the end of the sports show at 6pm, what a turn off, there’s the start of the poor numbers for Bris nights.

Still a high commercial inventory on the SCA DAB+ stations?

I still find the sound quality on Digital Radio a bit of a turn off… I can’t listen to it for long periods as a result.

Music still sounds much better on FM.

2 Likes

Yes still a lot of ads on the SCA digital stations unfortunately.

1 Like

Southern Cross Austereo launches Google Home news service

I’ve added MMM brisbane to my daily briefing and it’s OK. it’s better because it’s the first real “local” service (ABC do national news and the courier mail has a service but thats a computer voice reading out headlines)

i think it’s the same bulliten as the radio one but i’m not 100% sure

Triple M are certainly sounding much tighter this year in their cricket coverage. Better anchoring, and a better mix of color (and off-color) commentary… certainly my pick out of the four commentary teams.

1 Like

Unfortunately they have more ads than the TV telecast. When Warner was dismissed today (critical moment which warranted the 2 special comments men to pass judgement) they went to about 2 minutes of ads. Moment lost as they rejoined with Smith about to face the next ball.

1 Like

Not sure why they did that - most of the time, they’ve only aired around 30secs of ads between overs (like Nine does)

2 Likes

Yes good point. And yeah that’s true… however they only seem to rely on the channel nine feed… so are merely just observers themselves.