Triple M Network

Formerly late nights on Nova (once Deano moved to Nova 100 workdays, now anchoring breakfast). Was also at KIIS 1065 for a time - doing Planet Oz on Sunday mornings if I’m not mistaken

2 Likes

Although is it fair to say that when commentary of sport is on MMM’s FM channel, their digital station plays music (due to the rights)?

Online only.
DAB+ is the same as FM.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying. I remember listening to MMM music on DAB+ during the Boxing Day Test… but it may have been an anomaly… or I may have been drunk lol.

1 Like

yes, MMM on DAB+ played music while MMM FM had cricket.

2 Likes

I’m sure I’ve heard music on DAB when Triple M Sydney had NRL on in the past too

1 Like

That’s what I thought (I knew I wasn’t that drunk ~ it was only the second session).

Though their website suggested otherwise…

"Tune in to Triple M’s Test Cricket coverage on 105.1 in Melbourne, 104.9 in Sydney, 104.7 in Adelaide and 104.5 in Brisbane.

You can also find us on digital on DAB+ and streamed through www.cricket.com.au."

Only one survey I know, but it must be said that it’s a good start for Robin Bailey on Triple M Brisbane. The MMM breakfast slot has made a healthy gain and it looks to be almost all at the expense of 97.3’s loss

Of course we will want to see more as the year progresses, but 4MMM have a bit to be happy about so far.

4 Likes

Survey 1 is always volatile. Let’s see what it’s like three surveys in.

Barry Drinkwater was very defensive when interviewed by 9 News. Wasn’t a good look, he’d do well as a pollie with evasive answers.

1 Like

I acknowledge that, but it’s certainly a positive start for 4MMM.

I still think in an ideal world MMM and 97.3 would swap female breakfast hosts. Robin still seems like a more natural fit at her old station than new, and I reckon Bianca Dye would more than hold her own with the blokes on MMM. But that’s a pipe dream at best

2 Likes

Hardly. 97.3 chose to let Robyn go and SCA had Bianca and chose not to use her in such a role.

Not saying it wasn’t possible at one point (like late last year), but very unlikely to ever occur now

During tonights NRL game, I noted they mentioned all the old callsigns of the stations that carry Triple M NRL. And they also said that 2NZ and 2LF carried this evenings game. Is that true? Or did someone mention the wrong stations?

Think they’re making assumptions that those stations are taking the game rather than being 100% sure. For example they probably mentioned Gold FM in the list of stations 2 Thursdays ago yet they weren’t covering the Roosters vs Canterbury game.

Next weekend BTW is the first weekend of potential AFL clashes in Sydney (Swans game at the same time as a Manly game that MMM has rights to) so I wonder if anything has been worked out in terms of what gets broadcast.

I’m sure they mentioned during the Auckland Nines that KOFM were taking the call, but when I switched over to 102.9, they had music on.

Will be interesting to see what Triple M Sydney does this year with the AFL-NRL scheduling clashes… and if they will be covering any Giants games.

Turns out the Swans game will air on FM instead of the Manly game. It’s the reverse situation on Sunday where the West Tigers v Storm will be heard on FM while Adelaide v GWS will only air on digital radio.

send them to the app.
Or left field get 2GO to take it but that being extremely unlikely as 2GO won’t want to take it and they’ll lose listeners, upside is you stop them going to rival stations though.

Bring back the Saturday morning DSL. Roy and HGis so boring and unfunny.

2 Likes

Why would Triple M Sydney air Essendon vs Hawthorn on FM?

I don’t remember them doing games like this last year?

1 Like

Think as part of the new rights agreement, a Saturday night game will be aired in Sydney every round regardless of whether the Swans are playing or not

3 Likes