Triple M Network

They also have no rights to the Saturday Night NRL games and they probably figure that since 3 men and a dog are listening anyway that they may as well put this on instead.

Thanks @Jeffmister and @stmookeyj027 …

It’s not going to be a good look for “The Home Of The NRL” if there is a Saturday Night NRL blockbuster on and Triple M is airing an AFL game involving 2 Melbourne teams… regardless of whether they have the NRL rights or not.

Triple M need to negotiate better with both the NRL and AFL… I don’t see 2GB getting locked into such agreements simply because sister station 3AW wants the rights in Melbourne.

1 Like

Yes pls. Can’t believe MMM got rid of it.

1 Like

What’s wrong with Roy & H.G?

It’s got nothing on the DSL, I don’t find it overly entertaining either. I think it could’ve been added to the weekend schedule but not dropping DSL entirely.

1 Like

At least the Regional Triple M network have Roy & H.G on Sunday Mornings at 7.00am.

That’s because Talking Lifestyle are taking on those obligations through airing Crocmedia’s broadcast of Swans & Giants games

There’s no reason why they couldn’t have kept DSL on Saturday (which was an ideal lead-in program for MMM’s Saturday NRL/AFL coverage) and put Roy & HG on Sunday which probably would be a better day for the program they’re doing

1 Like

That’s why I don’t understand why they canned it. Maybe Rabs didn’t want to do it anymore but agree 110%

I like listening to Luke Bona its better than 2ue and 2gb overnight. I occasionally hear it. Sort of like the spoonman. We do lack good talk back on 2ue and 2gb these days.

1 Like

Never mind Triple M have got the talk back covered these days. Triple M is the new 2GB.

3 Likes

Listen to it when I have night shift and I like it, better than 2 songs 10 minutes of ads then repeat. Night shift is a different beast and something interesting or engaging is fantastic.

Its probably a direction 2ue could have gone in a parallel universe.

1 Like

In Sydney, Triple M have got the Essendon vs Hawthorn AFL game on FM, but are airing music on Digital Radio.

They are using the same feed for Digital radio as they are for their online stream, as after every 3 or 4 songs there is a message stating something like “Due to broadcast right restrictions, we are not able to air the AFL online. However, you can listen to the AFL on the main channel”. I am guessing this is the case in Melbourne as well on Digital Radio?

In the case of Sydney, the message should be the other way around … something like “Due to broadcast rights restrictions, we are forced to air Victorian AFL games that no one in Sydney could give two hoots about here on 104.9… To hear Triple M music as it should be, you can listen to us online or on Digital Radio”.

2 Likes

It’s absolutely ridiculous that we get AFL on Triple M Sydney, sometimes even over an NRL game. Dan Ginnane always makes a point of saying how stupid it is.

3 Likes

Having any sport commentary on Triple M is just stupid. Bring back the music

6 Likes

Always one

I don’t understand. Under the new AFL radio rights deal, Triple M can stream the match on its website. Also, tonight’s Essendon v Hawthorn match was special because it marked the return of 12 players banned by WADA for their involvement in the supplements saga. I doubt Triple M will broadcast another Saturday night match in Sydney unless it involves the Swans or the Giants.

It’s a very peculiar situation…

The return of those 12 players I don’t think even got a mention in any of the Sydney papers, TV or radio (as far as I knew), so I don’t see how Triple M Sydney could have used that as a significant event by local standards to warrant broadcasting it.

@Jeffmister posted in Post #521 (5 days ago) that MMM Sydney will be broadcasting a Saturday night AFL game every round this REGARDLESS of who is playing…

But wasn’t Triple M just broadcasting the same AFL match that Talking Lifestyle had?

1 Like

From SCA’s rights renewal press release: