Triple M Network

Apparently Luke is hosting the show from the Gold Coast, maybe not today with it starting and all but when things are in full swing he’ll do it from Gold FM

After the 4pm news on 2MMM today they played a really good new rock song. I was loving it. Then Merrick came on and interviewed Paul Murray for ten minutes on former-Premier of NSW Mike Baird’s new $2M job with NAB.

I am always so surprised by what is broadcast on Triple M in 2017. It could be:

• Classic Rock Music
  • New Rock Music
  • Sports News
  • Attempted Comedy
  • An actual sports call of a live event such as NRL, ARL, Cricket…

It is such a mish-mash of a radio station. I am not sure how many people who are interested in the latest Bulldogs game care about what Paul Murray thinks about state-based politics. I am not sure how many one day cricket fans like the latest rock music.

While most stations focus on their core business:

• 2GB’s listeners hatred of the budget deficit or fellow citizens who refuse to shake the hand of a woman and at the same time their adoration for Abbott
  • smooth’s soft rocking for the rest of eternity. Seriously after a nuclear war I assume that in Sydney there will be cockroaches and smooth 95.3
  • Nova’s repeated playing of the Top 40 chart but in a slightly different order each time
    I am amazed that Triple M has so many different shows. I must admit that - in all honesty - it is still the best sounding community station that broadcasts in Sydney though.
1 Like

Today I learnt that Nova has 40 songs on its playlist. Wonder when they’ll play those other 30?

3 Likes

LOL at community station! So true, Triple M is such a mish mash. It’s like they’re trying EVERYTHING and anything. And annoying a lot of people who do like consistency. I for one like to know what I’m getting at any given time when I switch on my station.

1 Like

Trying to provide for multiple audiences I guess. At the end of the day it’s for men of all ages is what they’re aiming for.

This is the first time I’ve listened to Triple M since Robin Bailey joined their breakfast show.They needed a female voice in the morning,butI think she do doesn’t get to say as much as she did when she was with 97.3.Too much sports discussion for my liking,I’m not really into any code of footy at all :confused:They are now calling themselves ‘The New Triple M’

2 Likes

Yeah totally agree. Every time I flick over to them they’re talking over the top of her. She doesn’t get a word in and must wonder what the hell she’s doing there.

1 Like

Yvonne Sampson has signed with Triple M but Fox Sports is delaying her first appearance on radio until after she beds in her role on Fox.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/yvonne-sampson-caught-in-crossfire-between-fox-sports-and-triple-m-20170227-gummni.html

I’ve said this before but feel for the average Brisbane rock fan that doesn’t have access to unlimited wifi, no I pad etc
That’s not into sport but wants to listen to the new triple m for the greatest rock variety from the 60’s -now … yeah I think not .
When I think of triple m I think of rock not sport
The only hope is deregulation it happened in nz in 1989
But sadly hasn’t happened in Australia .
Brisbane needs a sport only station badly so they can put afl,rugby league, cricket & put triple m back to what it once was a iconic rock station .
Sadly I feel for Robyn bailey I have listened to the show a few times all I seem to hear is Marto, Marto & Marto why sport at breakfast ???
I hope Robyn bailey stays at triple m get rid of the sport content at breakfast a couple of new breakfast hosts
But my dream would be to bring back fm 104 no sport just great Rock .
What is triple M is it classic hits, classic rock, sen 116, talkback,
Sadly it’s a complete mess of a once great station & SCA are now circling NZ’s nzme’ s empire of stations god help nz.

4 Likes

They are playing some great classic rock hits and I’m also enjoying Generation 90s from Midday to 1pm.Now they need to get rid of the sport and talk and only play great rock hits

5 Likes

Completely agree. We need deregulation and a lot more commercial stations like what happened in NZ. They’d have to get rid of some of the community stations to make room but it’s the only way we’ll ever get any decent commercial stations. NZ has The Sound, The Rock and Hauraki - we have this talkback/sport mish-mash called Triple M. I rest my case. Something is not right.

6 Likes

Radio TAB, AM 1008, 89.7, DAB+ a great choice for sport without the long blocks of ads, music and other rubbish.

2 Likes

Dead set - let’s start crowdfunding on the net. The aim is to buy an FM frequency in every capital city and start up a real rock radio network. Just rock music (and 7 minutes of ads an hour).

And before anyone says it would be too expensive and we would never raise enough money - we could start by buying 2DayFM in Sydney and 96FM in Perth. I believe these two licences are currently on eBay and the top bids are currently only $45 and $51 respectively. I would also guess that with Triple M’s current weekend ratings of 4.2% and evening rating of 3.3% we could even lease the 104.9 frequency during these periods for a couple of bucks and hour.

5 Likes

I’d settle for a DAB+ frequency in each capital, and call it The Rock.

4 Likes

It’s great to hear Joey Henderson back on air on Triple M afternoons,ex 97.3/B 105 and more recently on Magic 882 evenings.She’s a great announcer

1 Like

Now that Seb Costello is London-bound, who takes over from him as newsreader on Triple M’s Hot Breakfast?

Could he Skype it in?

1 Like

Is there a Panel Operator who tops and tails each break?

Sounds like Ben Wood is

1 Like

Who? :disappointed: